Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: American Idol results (spoilers in here, you\'ve been warned)

I missed the show. Who were bottom 3 and who was the other bottom 2er with constantine?

rJ
Old 04-28-2005, 03:36 AM

Seriously?

Ryan splits them into Bo/Carrie and Anthony/Vonzell the tells the remaing two (that's Scott and Connie) to join the group they feel they belong with, both go to Bo/Carrie. Ryan says Bo/Carrie are safe, Constantine you made a mistake, you're in the bottom three. Vonzell gets sent to the couch and then the shocker.

J
Old 04-28-2005, 03:36 AM

Bottom 3 were Anthony, Vonzell, and Constantine. Are the last 2 people on stage necessarily the bottom 2? If so then #2 this week was Anthony.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
re the last 2 people on stage necessarily the bottom 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, No. It's my understanding they have never said the last two are specifically the bottom two and I tend to think they manipulate who is "safe" and gets sent back to the couch to satisfy their own ends.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: bo, granny and wsop

Granny - another way to look at it is this: if you hold ALL your Bo's - and he wins - you'll have a free WSOP entry, PLUS 16 grand in your pocket.

Of course, with Carrie in the mix that's a very big if. Locking in your original investment and freerolling for 10 grand isn't so bad either.

I sold a couple Bo's just to lock in a definite profit if he gets booted. But the vast majority I'm holding till the end.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I also bought 25 shares of Scott last night. For 50 bucks it's a worthwhile gamble - the fact that he was not even bottom 3 last night tells me something. There's a lot of folks who want to see him win, just to see how they would market Scott as the next "American Idol". There's even a web site, votefortheworst.com, trying to get the worst performer to win. Kinda funny actually. And I notice Scott is outta the zero column on WSEX this morning, for the 1st time in weeks. I'm thinking he's making the final 3.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:43 PM

Scott is obviously picking up voting blocs as Nadia and Anwar were eliminated. And its all about voting blocs. So who is helped by Connie's departure? I say Anthony will be helped the most. Connie's horrid career ending Nickelback song choice showed that his support was only partially rocker based. Clay factor will be strong here.

Simon is going to start getting more involved to ensure a winner that can make him the most $$$. That would seem to be Anthony or perhaps Carrie if he can do anything with the Country genre. I just don't see what he can do with yet another talentless diva, a problem child, or an old grungy Southern rocker. Idol is POP idol. The marketing starts. Anthony to final 3.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:40 PM

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "American Idol" finalist Bo Bice cruised through to the Top Five in the singing competition this week. But the self-styled rocker's path to the show was a little bit rougher than you might expect.

Bice, 29, was arrested in June 2001 in his home state of Alabama on a cocaine-possession charge, TheSmokingGun.com has uncovered. Court documents don't detail the circumstances of his arrest or how much of the drug Bice -- whose given name is Harold Bice Jr. -- was accused of holding.

Cocaine possession is a felony in Alabama, carrying a maximum prison sentence of 10 years.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...an_idol_1.html
Old 04-28-2005, 03:48 PM

At least he's a legitimate rocker. Do you think Constantine does coke? I DON'T THINK SO.

Oh well, I doubt this will do much of anything but improve his image. Scott is a known wife beater and that hasn't hurt him.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:49 PM

Granny, I think you should go for it. And if it doesn't work out, let Fantasia pay for your WSOP entry [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 03:49 PM

I don't watch Idol every night, but I must say, ever since I saw scott from literally the very first time, I knew he was the biggest [censored] poser bitch piece of [censored] and hoped that he was voted off on every show.