Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Confession: I lost it and berated a fish the other night

Don't have the hand here, but this one put me over the edge. I'm already running bad for ~10 days when this happens..... I'm in early position w/ KK, I raise, mid position player 3-bets, button (~38/10) caps.

Flop is K 7 3r. I bet, MP folds, button calls
Turn J, I bet, button calls
River 8

I bet, button raises, I 3-bet, button caps and flips over 10,9o for the nut straight.

I blew up. I told him how much of a moron he was, how could he cap it cold preflop w/ 9,10o, etc. For what it's worth, I only berated him for about 2 sentences then I stopped. Not smart on my part.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Confession: I lost it and berated a fish the other night

It happens. Just don't make it a habit.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I caught myself the other night too.

I open raised 99 in the CO, he 3-bet with Q6 from the BB and caught on all three streets. After the hand he says "BB special". I say "more like Special Ed". Then he starts going off, saying "Oh yeah? What did I do wrong? What would Skalansky (sic) say?" Of course now I realize I should have kept my mouth shut, and just replied "I'll let others elaborate". Needless to say he didn't get it.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:18 AM

Sometimes we all get driven over the edge..... I think the best thing to do is to take a few deep breaths, and then apologise. Just explain how you have been running really bad and that the last hand was the final straw. This breaks the ice and keeps everyone (including yourself) a bit sweeter.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes we all get driven over the edge..... I think the best thing to do is to take a few deep breaths, and then apologise. Just explain how you have been running really bad and that the last hand was the final straw. This breaks the ice and keeps everyone (including yourself) a bit sweeter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really good advice. I have had to leave the table before, but have apologized while not sitting down. Epsecially if you tell them you are having a bad day, people understand.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:33 AM

I almost lost it the other night in the $10-$20 at Foxwoods when I capped it pre-flop with aces and someone called $40 completely cold on the button. I got it heads up and ... lost by the river as he windmilled his 10-6 offsuit for two pair. I was flabbergasted but ... I somehow kept my composure. Granted, I walked away from the table for ten minutes, but...

...it happens.

The important thing is that it's not good for the game NOR is it polite to bash them.

The 10-6 I-Want-to-Play-My-Button bandit will be losing many thousands of dollars before he realizes how horrible he is; my saying anything in the moment won't change his mind.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 04-21-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say "more like Special Ed".

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahah. That's classic.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I open raised 99 in the CO, he 3-bet with Q6 from the BB and caught on all three streets. After the hand he says "BB special". I say "more like Special Ed". Then he starts going off, saying "Oh yeah? What did I do wrong? What would Skalansky (sic) say?" Of course now I realize I should have kept my mouth shut, and just replied "I'll let others elaborate". Needless to say he didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone cites "BB Special" when making a bad call or raise from the BB, it just makes me want to smack them. The whole idea of a BB special is that you get in for free and flop a monster...
Old 04-21-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't kid yourself, this one's just funny.