Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Anyone else get email from Empire about running a bot?

hand histories for tables the player is actually playing. I'm using PT to figure out how I'm playing (style) and how well I'm doing. AND who (style and specific) I'm losing $$ to the most. I can't see mining data. I might try it for the "Been There, Done That" aspect.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:13 AM

along these lines, a whole host of new bots appear to have infiltrated party 1/2 sh..i really hope this isn't the beginning of the end [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets put it another context....WSOP; Helmuth at final table, contemplating a raise......tells everybody 'just a sec' and whips out his laptop filled with every stat imaginable about the remaining players....WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]
The difference is he wouldn't have to. Because we play with less and more frequent players live, we have the ability to use our full sensory perception to judge their aggressiveness, tendencies, etc. In your example, Phil Helmuth would have had 3 days worth of experience with these players. He would have seen how they react to different situations and how they play certain hands/draws.
Online, with 60,000 players coming and going leaving no impression but an 8 character screen name, nearly every judgement facility we have is rendered useless. This is a HUGE difference from online poker. Tools like PT and PV bridge this gap, in a manner of speaking. And don't try to reply that we can take notes, this hardly compensates for the loss of almost all senses utilized at a poker table. Fish will never sek out PT, just like fish will not pay close attention to what they see at a poker table. Average players will get it but never fully utilize it as they will the information they observe live. And yes, great players will acquire and painstakingly use to the fullest potential every edge they can get, just like they will with what they see, hear, and remember from live games.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
along these lines, a whole host of new bots appear to have infiltrated party 1/2 sh..i really hope this isn't the beginning of the end [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol; yeah that's where bots are most profitable; the 1/2 game.
thanks for the laugh, donk.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one that thinks it would be awesome if they banned playerview? they should shut down all playerview users' accounts!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not alone. Ditto.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:05 AM

Well speaking purely objectively, it wouldn't matter. I'm not the only programmer who's going to write this kinda stuff. I was one of the first but theres been all sorts of stuff coming out. If one program goes away another will pop up.

Not only that, but its not really that hard to do all sorts of stuff to get around any sorts of imposed limits. I mean really if party somehow managed to completely crack down on software running on the users machine, it wouldn't take all that much to display a mirror image of the tables on a different machine with all the stats on it.

The truth of the matter is that once you put something on the computer you open it up to a thousand guys like me who are just dying to improve upon it somehow.

Banning PV users would do a good job of killing PV but wouldn't have a long term affect on poker software.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not so -- as long as you're not letting the user change his permanent ACCOUNT NAME, but rather only letting him pick the screename that is visible to other players for that session, collusion detection shouldn't change.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can claim that they have sophisticated data mining tools for detecting collusion all they want, but I reckon 95-99% of all detected collusion is due to a sharp eyed customer notifying support that something fishy is going on.

Also temp nicknames really kills the social aspect, I talk to quite a few other regulars at my limit. And implementing this might make fish run.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:20 AM

Why do you guys want to ban playerview?
I don't use it, and I don't use PT anymore. It's too much work. But it scares me that so many peopl datamine and use playerview. I don't feel safe at party + skins anymore. It's like everyone knows what I'm holding.
Dataming shouldn't be allowed. If you're sitting at the table and playing you can take all the info you want. But if you're not, you shouldn't be able to see the whole HH.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not only that, but its not really that hard to do all sorts of stuff to get around any sorts of imposed limits. I mean really if party somehow managed to completely crack down on software running on the users machine, it wouldn't take all that much to display a mirror image of the tables on a different machine with all the stats on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how people circumvented the MMORPG anti-cheating programs early on. (And to some extent still do.)
Old 04-14-2005, 05:25 AM

Long live ShowEQ, long live macroquest.