Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Well...I think I am not that good!!!

Hi everyone!

So, I have just hit the 1k hands of 1/2 Limit(1174 to b precise), and I am pretty dissatisfied with my play. For instance, looking at PT I see that I have had AKs 4 times and only won 25% of the time for a net loss of 14, and I had AKo 16 times (!), only won 43,75% for a loss og 28,75$. I had KK 6 times, won 50% of the time and lost 3.75$. Looking at Misc Stats, I see that I had High Pair 255 times, went to SD 24 times and lost 164.5$; 0ne pair 481 times, went to SD 76 times and lost 59$
Well, the conlusion is that I don't knwo when to lay down overcards and top pair...I wonder how one acquires this knowledge...I guess with lots of experience...Or maybe I am just stupid...I don't know...
Btw, I was wondering at what stats you look at in PT when you want to find loose players??? I guess players with a VPIP>40 can be considered loose...what else do u look at???
To conclude I wanted to show a typical hand, but as I have already been quite long, I don't want to bore everybody lol...maybe later in this post if I get some answers!
Ok, so any advice is appreciated!
Old 04-10-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Well...I think I am not that good!!!

You only have 1000 hands.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:56 PM

Sample size. I have 1800 hands in PT, I've gotten QQ nine times, and I've won once. Do I suck with QQ? I surely don't think so, looking through the hands I've lost with it, I don't think I played that badly. You need a bigger database.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:12 PM

Yes, true my sample is too small. But I think the fact that I lost 165$ with high cards is highly representative: I tend to push my overcards too much...The thing is, with those loose players, sometimes I don't know what to do...I recall one hand where we were on the river, and I only had King high (with a Q) and was pretty sure that I was beat. But the pot was rather big, so I called, and in fact he only had K5o!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 04:32 PM

I could be wrong, but regularly calling bets on the river with K-high is probably a leak.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:33 PM

yes that's what I think too!
Old 04-10-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, true my sample is too small. But I think the fact that I lost 165$ with high cards is highly representative...

[/ QUOTE ]
Not even close. You seriously have a sample size issue, in EVERY respect. I would post stats in 9k more hands at least.

~1,000 hands "seems" like a lot. It isn't. Not even close. Not even close to close. You have lots to learn about poker, and it's cool that you are concerned about winning and improving yr game. I suggest reading around and soaking up some information.

Here is a link that might put things in perspective for you. David Ross is a very well respected poster and a lifetime winner.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:02 PM

Thx Greg!
I will see how the next 4-5k hands unfold! Tomorrow I am supposed to get SSHE so I guess that reading it a lot will definitely help me!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 05:19 PM

when you look at your stats on PT click the tab, where you dont look at handes that you folded.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:47 PM

Have you learned the theory behind "check-raise"? - if not, maybe it could be usefull.

(a n00bīs perspective)