Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Confused BB Flush Draw

A 3-bet on the flop is almost certainly very +EV, right? I'm surprised to see that only one or two people have suggested this. Am I missing something?
Old 04-09-2005, 03:32 PM

I would have folded this PF. It is not a strong hand and you are not closing the betting. Not even close, clear fold pre flop. You lost a lot of money on this hand that you didn't have to.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:02 PM

Folding preflop is AWFUL advice. I will let others elaborate as to why, but basically you're going to be getting like 15:1 on your call eventually. You can certainly play two suited shitty cards for 15:1.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:16 PM

If you are closing the betting is fine to play that hand if you have lots of people in the pot, but the problem is you are not closing the betting and it could be raised and reraised behind you. What if someone then says, well, I might as well raise it and build a really big pot, and then the guy that was slow playing says dang I better raise it and get some of these people out of here. You could end up calling two more bets and have 4 bets into the pot pre-flop on what is a very very marginal hand with no position.

I do not think that folding is that bad of a play given that it is a crappy hand and you could have real problems later even with a good flop, ie playing to a second best flop.

As was the case on this hand he ended up paying off even more bets later.

Folding is not a bad play considering this particular hand and the aspects of this situation.

You cannot just blindly call the one raise and hope that nobody reraises behind you.

The fact that he got lucky and probably won this with his two pair does not make this a good hand.