Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 06:49 AM

Default Re: How do you guys deal with this?

shocking, these guys are the ones you want at your table though.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:35 AM

well, I understand how you feel...
that's one of the reason I am considering playing NL... at least you can raise a lot to protect your hand...
but it's true you can loose even more!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 08:09 AM

If you cannot take this try No Limit or higher stakes like 2/4. The former b/c you can punish players like that and the latter b/c you will have less players like that. If you are not confident yet to do any of these you need to develop patience (you'll need that anyway) or start playing chess instead.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:12 AM

Why do you not want to play against people like this? Keep playing solid poker and over time you'll make back all the money you lost and then some and this moron is going to go bust and go back to drooling in a corner somewhere.

Don't forget: he had luck on his side for one night. You have skill on your side forever.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't forget: he had luck on his side for one night. You have skill on your side forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this because it is so true. I'll tell myself this next time I'm being sucked out on.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ty

I just noticed you guys don't know his hole cards 6s5d.

This may haunt me for days. At least I'm going out of town for a couple of days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude this happens all the time. This beauty came at the end of a rather long session of getting two-outed....
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

River: (11.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Qd 6d (straight, eight high).
Hero has Qc Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: UTG wins 13.25 BB. </font>

Will this hand haunt me? No. I kept playing solid poker and finished the evening up 85BB. The beauty of getting sucked out on is that it encourages bad players to continue playing. If they never hit their longshots you'd be stuck playing against solid players only. Rejoice in the suckouts they are fertilizer. Just remember fertilizer stinks some times.

(The beat I took at the final table of a NL tourney just before going to bed will hurt for a while though...)
Old 04-10-2005, 10:19 AM

[quote

Will this hand haunt me? No. I kept playing solid poker and finished the evening up 85BB. ....

(The beat I took at the final table of a NL tourney just before going to bed will hurt for a while though...)

[/ QUOTE ]

This I think might be the key, it came at the end of a session where I finished down 67BB.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think what really torqued me was looking at PT after this 4hr marathon of torture looking for leaks. I lost $50 tonight - $37 to this one idiot, $13 to another idiot, the rest was spread around fairly well.

Looking at this guys 100+ hands he was waxing rocks, TAG, mice, etc. He won $150+ net. I know he can't be up long term.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of other tables at AP, yes? People here have chastized me for "running from bad luck" because I switch tables a lot. I just prefer not to stay in a negative situation.

Before anyone jumps on me again the question was "How do you guys deal with this?" That's how I deal with it. I leave and find greener pastures at another table.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:04 PM

Mine was nice too...one of those horrendous losing sessions where everyone nails their runner runners.
Got AKs, flopped the flush.. guy stays in for capped betting on a 2 5 10 board to find the turn and river come both as 10s and his 44 gives him the boat. I never slow played it, i bet everything. He didnt even have the 4 of spades, not that it should make a diference. nothing like being a 98% favorite on the flop and losing. I love ranting sessions ^_^
Old 04-10-2005, 02:26 PM

Without looking at the results I would play the hand the exact same way.

These things happen, but in the long run you're going to make more money off of the guys who chase after their long shots then you loose in bad beats.