Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 10:54 PM

Default things for a dorm room

hi all i will be starting college in the fall and i am trying to think of some things that i could put in my dorm room. i am trying to get a room to myself, i dont really want to have a roomate. my interests are soccer,poker, video games/movies.

what i have already: playstation 2, 13 inch television (but im looking to buy a 27 inch tv soon), 3 cd changer boombox, my extended family will be buying me a laptop.

so whatever other suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-06-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: things for a dorm room

[ QUOTE ]
i am trying to get a room to myself, i dont really want to have a roomate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody thinks this going into freshman year. A roommate is really good for helping you along socially.

Plus I dont know of any school (I guess there are a few) that gives freshman singles.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:59 PM

Mine gives out quite a few.

Get a lot of dorm food. This is generally what white trash eat, but you'll need it. Fridge/microwave, many alarm clocks, an iPod or you'll be out of place on any campus.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:59 PM

They give a ton of singles out at my school and the schools my friends go to. I'd reccomend a roomate man. It's so much easier to meet people with a roomate. He could easiliy become your best friend.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 PM

I used to watch a lot of TV, but don't really at all anymore. I'd reccomend a microwave, and a refrigerator. Cold booze and pizza pockets are key. Raise your bed up and put the fridge and stuff under it. Get a sub also.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi all i will be starting college in the fall and i am trying to think of some things that i could put in my dorm room. i am trying to get a room to myself, i dont really want to have a roomate. my interests are soccer,poker, video games/movies.

what i have already: playstation 2, 13 inch television (but im looking to buy a 27 inch tv soon), 3 cd changer boombox, my extended family will be buying me a laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

hot chicks [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am trying to get a room to myself, i dont really want to have a roomate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody thinks this going into freshman year. A roommate is really good for helping you along socially.

Plus I dont know of any school (I guess there are a few) that gives freshman singles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Now on to what you should get in your dorm room. You definitely need to get as many screens as possible. I recommend at least 4 televisions and a computer for each person living in the room. Also, you need a hot chick poster and some cult movie poster. Get something greasy to stain the movie poster with. If you're lucky, your roommate'll take care of this one for you. You'll also want to build a deck. IMO, Deck >> Loft. Don't pre-build like an idiot, though - it won't fit right and your roommate probably did the same thing, leaving you with two crappy decks/lofts that don't fit together and look like complete ass. Make sure you have a good place for stadium-type seating in front of your TV screens. You'll need seating for movies and multi-player video games plus audience.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nachos
Old 04-06-2005, 11:04 PM

Stripper pole.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
many alarm clocks

[/ QUOTE ]