Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 09:32 AM

Default diNovo Keyboard Combo reviews

Anyone use the Logitech diNovo Keyboard setup? Is it worth the money? What are you thoughts?

~MagicMan
Old 04-06-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: diNovo Keyboard Combo reviews

Looks sweet, I would also like to hear some experiences
Old 04-06-2005, 12:14 PM

This would look awesome with 2 2001FPs.

~MagicMan
Old 04-06-2005, 05:12 PM

I've used it for the last 4 months.

What's good? This keyboard is without doubt the sexiest setup out there. It looks awesome, and it feels awesome. It's very pleasent typing on it, perfect travel distance and such.

There's some bad sides though, especially for poker players. First of all, it's wireless, that's both good and bad. But in this case it uses the battery quite fast, at least with my usage ratio. The driver software is extremely buggy. It often crashes, hangs, displays errors and such. But i can live with that.

My main hurdle with this setup is the fact that the media pad and the main keyboard are two separated devices. The keyboard itself keeps the connection at all times, so it responds instantly to keypresses. The media pad though, it "disconnects" after a couple of minutes, meaning that the next time you type something on it, there'll be a few secs delay. That poses a problem if you type at the keyboard at the same time as you type on the mediapad, as the mediapad keypresses will be delayed, effectively coming up after the keys you pressed afterwards at the keyboard. Another problem is the fact that if you for example press "1" at the mediapad, often it'll write "111" or just "11" instead of the single click. Imagine how terrible this is when you go all-in instead of betting $1.

All in all it's okay. I like it, i love it's looks, but i had the way the media pad works and the software. It takes a lot of getting used to.

At the current sky high price i simply wouldn't recommend it. Buy one of the top-of-the-line ordinary keyboards instead.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 AM

Great review, thanks.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:49 PM

I just replied to another thread yesterday about this. Do a forum search for DiNovo, I'm sure it'll pop up.

Suffice to say, they're very cheap. I've had two break. Many other people have had problems as well. Check out the reviews on Amazon.