Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Big Laydown Possible Here?

Bruiser-

What if he pushes on a river A? How about a 9? Or a club? Sure, he can't be drawing to all of those, but if you are going to consider folding the river to a wide range of possible cards, maybe you are better off reraising the turn.

Hmm... or at the very least, you should a have preliminary read on which of those you are not going to be afraid of when you call the min c-r. I mean, the point of flat calling the turn is to set yourself up to call a big river bet, so this line seems bad if you are going to back down vs a wide range of river cards.

-muz
Old 04-02-2005, 10:52 PM

i posted a very similar hand about a month ago.
i folded the river and was right.
the only thing you can beat here is a stone cold bluff.
to all the people who say this is a must call, would you care to share what possible hands villian is playing like this?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:27 PM

I don't understand why you don't shove on the turn. A hand like AQ from a bad player will almost certainly call. One thing that i notice from a lot of your hands Bruiser, is that you don't get the money in when you're almost certainly good, and then yo uleave yourself with tough river decisions.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to all the people who say this is a must call, would you care to share what possible hands villian is playing like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. This is entirely dependent on table image. If Bruiser's known for pussying out of big pots and straight up nut peddling, then people will run off huge bluffs at him and this might be such an instance, so he should call. Given that I don't think Bruiser plays this way, I'd say the chances of this being the case are slim and this guy's got a bigger boat. Obviously, he should have raised the turn if he was willing to fold to any big bet on the river, but given that he didn't it's hard to imagine him being ahead here.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that hand. This is like the same hand. Against a straightforward bad player, seems like a not very tough laydown.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if bruiser folds to this line every time with a hand of this strength, then it is profitable for the other player to move in every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao
Old 04-03-2005, 10:38 AM

ok so if the guy is straight forward and bad does that mean he never bluffs here? he may read bruiser for weak when he checks behind on the flop. bruisers hand although not the biggest, baddest hand is well disguised, and the flush and straight draws didnt get there. if this guy has ever bluffed in his life i think this is a time where he very well may be. the attitude on 2+2 that people dont just do stupid stuff is sometimes a little extreme. also if the guy has played with bruiser before he knows he is capable of folding big hands. wouold he really over bet with Q's full here? i think it is a definite call even in dissent against the great El D and RBK. if the guy never bluffs and has the IQ of lint then it is a fold but barring that look him up me says. just the fishiest of fish opinions here though,
jason
Old 04-03-2005, 02:05 PM

Okay what if we change the action a little. The flop is AQ2, the turn is a 9, and I have pocket nines? In some ways pocket dueces seems like a very likely hand but still, a turn minraise just doesn't feel right for pocket dueces there.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:55 PM

i'll assume you posted this because you lost the hand

so everyone thinks that this player has AQ or 99 and is willing to:

check the flop (not unusual)
check the turn (unusual)
move all in on the river

Seems like a fishy line for those hands.

Anyway I would've reraised the turn. I would also call this river.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:11 PM

how is move all in on the river "fishy" for those hands? that is a STRONG giveaway that it is exactly one of those hands