Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Funny theBruiser500 archive post

Diablo:
[ QUOTE ]
Kane is a dick, definitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fitos:
[ QUOTE ]
(diablo) why do you (seemingly) hate bruiser + love kane?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo:
[ QUOTE ]
Kane is a dick, definitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fitos:
[ QUOTE ]
(diablo) why do you (seemingly) hate bruiser + love kane?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, clarification:

This is the upteenth time Diablo has rushed to kane's defense. He obviously doesn't "Love" him but it seems that he's taking alot of effort to defend him.

And I like Kane's contributions too, even alot of nonsensical stuff that others dont like I enjoy.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Let me put it like this. Bruiser is not nearly as good as many people here think. However, he is far better than the vast majority of posters here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think anyone here reveres anyone, (Well, this is a bad statement, because I can't speak for anyone else) but certainly alot of higher stakes players give (what seems to me) very sound advice. Thats all I'm saying.

I can't judge bruiser's talent or ability or whathaveyou, and obviously you can as youv'e played with him/helped him, but... You know what, I'm arguing stupid semantics.

My only point was it seemed someone else who gave good advice (bruiser) you kept trashing even though he doesn't post spam, whereas someone else who ALSO gives good advice (kane) you keep defending, even though he often posts spam.

That was my point.

To bruiser; yeah, I'm sure diablo has helped you, I didn't mean to belittle any of that or make it seem like he's not there to help.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:42 AM

Man, i love the thread bruiser made just to talking about the doyle brunson etc big big game, 'this game is cool guys, someday i will play in it.'
Old 04-02-2005, 06:59 AM

Default on the diablo/bruiser talk

I can attest to much the same thing as bruiser experienced, but on a smaller scale.

when i finally made the 100 to 200-500NL jump, i ran really, really good for about two weeks. at the start of that i was arguably underrolled for those games. at the end i could have been playing 5/10 comfortably. the fact that i hit a rush when i moved up after taking a mess of breakevenness at the lower limit certainly helped me get where i am (not that that's saying much) just as much as study etc.

fim
Old 04-02-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me put it like this. Bruiser is not nearly as good as many people here think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks all. There are few things in my life that I am really proud of having done, but what I've done in poker is one of them, it took a lot of hard work. Just some random thoughts on this:

I have the right mental make up for it, I like the competition, I have an obsessive personality so when i got into poker that's all I did, play and study poker. Very analytical, when I play I look at all my big hands (although admittedly I haven't lately and I have been getting sloppy), and then look at whether I got the money in with the best of it and the worst of it and whether it could have been played better.

I don't think it's just taking chances. They weren't stupid chances I took (I think). There are a lot of reasons I like moving up fast which I've mentioned before. First of all I don't need my BR so if I lose money it's not a problem I just drop down in stakes. Next it is challenging and the best way to get better faster and in turn, in the long run make the most money. My philosophy on poker has always been get better. You can multitable 50 tables of NL$25 now and make $50 an hour or you can study, read 2+2 make $0 an hour now and then in a year make $200 an hour. Also it is a risk vs. reward thing, if the 25/50 NL game looks good and I try it I have the potential to make a ton of money. If I try it and lose then at most I'm going to let myself lose 10k or 15k or whatever.

I don't believe in luck in poker as much as most people, but then again everyone tells me I have the best luck of anyone they know. Looking back though at my bad streaks they are all partly my fault. I'm teaching my dad to play poker and whenver I point out a mistake in his play to him he defends himself and says "better than before though right?" or "well this other player did worse than me right?" - that is the wrong mindset. Goodluck all.

Oh and most important of all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] - my 2+2 buddies.

[/ QUOTE ]

from $100 Tables and a $180 BR to the $25/$50 NL Game on UB in basically 17 months. in a way, i agree with Diablo on this. not discounting your skill level, i'd say you must have had some tremendous good fortune along the way. i would'nt chock it all up to luck but i'm sure you've probably had your share of it during your ascension. obviously you've earned the respect of alot of people on this sight. keep up the good work.

in the immortal words of Mason Malmuth:
[ QUOTE ]
nothing else needs to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

one,

Olu
Old 04-04-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You vastly, vastly, underestimate the level of luck required at each and every step of the way for bruiser to have made this run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god you are officially the biggest hater in the entire world.

All you do is trash bruiser in every thread where somebody tries to say something positive.

Just stop already.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ridiculous. I have many times said positive things about bruiser, and he is well aware of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you've said good things about him, however you are harder on him than any poster on these entire boards, and you have been for a long time.

7/20/04 - "Diablo keeps insisting on IRC that I'm a bad player who is going to go broke"
Old 04-04-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You vastly, vastly, underestimate the level of luck required at each and every step of the way for bruiser to have made this run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god you are officially the biggest hater in the entire world.

All you do is trash bruiser in every thread where somebody tries to say something positive.

Just stop already.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ridiculous. I have many times said positive things about bruiser, and he is well aware of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you've said good things about him, however you are harder on him than any poster on these entire boards, and you have been for a long time.

7/20/04 - "Diablo keeps insisting on IRC that I'm a bad player who is going to go broke"

[/ QUOTE ]

thought provoking
Old 04-04-2005, 09:46 AM

I would give up a decent portion of my bankroll to have someone of Diablo's talent and understanding of the game to be so critical of me as often as he is critical of bruiser. i'd venture a guess that ED plays a part, even if it is a small one, in bruiser's success. i've seen many of their conversations on IRC, and however harsh ED is to bruiser, you can always tell that he is being that way because he genuinely would like bruiser to succeed.