Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Turn play

Because you didnt raise preflop, it makes it harder to play the later streets because you didnt show any strength preflop so no one knows how strong your hand is. I think i fold the turn since you were check raised after getting 2 calls from your initial turn raise.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:04 AM

Default Re: QQ disaster...?

You missed a raise preflop it looks like and the player may have check raised with ace jack on the turn so I might make it three if I limped in, but I don't think I would ever just limp in with queens. Good raise on the river though. Make sure to raise those queens everytime preflop, get used to it no matter how many people are in.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:06 AM

It's too hard to pinpoint exactly where you are at without the raise preflop, what do you mean you didn't want to give them the odds to draw out. MAKE THEM PAY, your in this to have a good time and make money, not to be generous and passive so everyone likes you.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:11 AM

Whoever said fold the turn is way off. There is way too much in the pot. In order to fold you would have to be 100% sure he has a set since you have an overpair. If he has jack nine like the one guy is saying then you have eight outs and are not folding, who folds an eight outer with that much in the pot. NOBODY. Also he could have ace jack or king jack, maybe even queen jack. So I think this is a call and then call with an unimproved hand. Since the queen came a raise is the right play.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Results

Like the post states, this hand was a disaster. The more I think about it, the more I think I should've 3-bet the turn. Anyways, UTG showed A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for nut flush and MP2 showed 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for bottom set. Granted, I got lucky on the river to overset the fours, but I think that if I 3-bet the turn, UTG wouldn't have chased the backdoor nut flush for two more big bets. I'm not completely sure though because later on in the game, the more I watched UTG, the more of an ass he was. Anyways, one lucky card deserves another I guess...
Old 03-27-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't feel like raising to create pot odds for everyone to chase everyone on the flop/turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
but I think that if I 3-bet the turn, UTG wouldn't have chased the backdoor nut flush for two more big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd spend more time learning and thinking about the game, before I played much more 15/30. You've come to the right place.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't feel like raising to create pot odds for everyone to chase everyone on the flop/turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You better take cover...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-28-2005, 02:50 AM

I'll take that as an insult which I'm sure it's meant to be. I tend to do fine at PP 15/30, I just feel like this hand was a bit misplayed. Please forgive me if I don't play perfect poker every single time.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't feel like raising to create pot odds for everyone to chase everyone on the flop/turn. I'm more curious as to my play on the turn. Should I have folded? 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read any of the responses to this comment, but this is horrific logic. You have the best hand. Push your edge. Yes, they will have odds and you may get drawn out on. But if you play this hand 10,000 times, you will be a winner. If you raise it all 10,000 times, you will be a bigger winner.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take that as an insult which I'm sure it's meant to be. I tend to do fine at PP 15/30, I just feel like this hand was a bit misplayed. Please forgive me if I don't play perfect poker every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This insult is intended to save you money, not hurt your feelings. Throughout this thread, you have made some fundamental errors in judgement/logic that are blatantly obvious to me, and I only play 3/6.