Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Missed raise or proper slow play...YOU DECIDE!

No reads since these guys come and go rather often and I don't have the scratch to buy PT. Should I have raised this flop or is this a correct slowplay (this is the part of my game where I think I try to get too cute. sorry if this post is obvious).

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, CO folds, SB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 03-24-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Missed raise or proper slow play...YOU DECIDE!

This is fine.

With a ragged flop like this, an immediate raise is very likely to kill off your action. The pot is very small. You would love for overcards to hang around and possibly improve on the turn. All things considered, this looks like a good time to slowplay.

The only real worry is that you miss a bet from an OESD that would have called you on the flop (unlikely and no big deal) or that a gutshot hangs around and draws out on you (though the lead-off bet should be enough to protect your hand from this anyway).
Old 03-24-2005, 02:18 PM

No PF raise = small pot = slow play with this hand, typically for me anyway.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:25 PM

I'm sorry, my conventional wisdom is to not slow play, although I did find myself doing this the other day when I flopped a FH, A's full of K's. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Be that as it may, I can see no reason to slow play here. I could care less if the pot is small. You've got five players in, and a board that's looking like a good straight. I'm jamming the flop here. All the way. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...when I flopped a flush, A's full of K's. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

please teach me how to do that...the coveted full house-flush [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 02:40 PM

Hahahahahaha...very freakin' funny. Let me go edit that. That would be an awesome hand though, wouldn't it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 02:44 PM

To be fair, after a few beers, that's how I read the board anyway lol [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 02:46 PM

Hey, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that my BB/100 goes down proportionately with the amount of liquor I drink. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]