Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Question on difficulty by limits

I am a relatively new O8 player and have been playing the Party .5-1 limit tables. In a very limited number of hands I have been killing the game and the play is very fishy at times.

How much tougher are the 1-2 or 2-4 games? At what level does the quality of play really increase? I have also tried to sit in on some of these tables and there are very few on Party. Is there another site I should try?

I guess I would have the same question about pot limit. How does the play there compare to the limit side.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Question on difficulty by limits

[ QUOTE ]
How much tougher are the 1-2 or 2-4 games? At what level does the quality of play really increase? I have also tried to sit in on some of these tables and there are very few on Party. Is there another site I should try?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party has by far the most tables of any site. On Stars, you're lucky to have 2 tables at each of those levels. At 1-2 it seems most people grasp the general rule of two from the hand and three from the board. Even at 2-4, most fish are happy to chase half the pot with second best hands. Using PTO is invaluable in this regard though as I'll leave whenever there are 3 or more decently tight players. I've since moved on to the 6-max games but I found 5-10 to be a fairly challenging but still profitable game.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:23 PM

I think the level of difficulty starts at 15/30. That varies too...sometimes it can play like a 1/2 game.

Pretty much low limit in general plays loose passive.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:05 PM

In my experience, not much if you assert a little table selection (ie, avoiding tight tables). Most of my experience is based on .5/1 through 2/4, and a little 3/6 here and there.

Aggression factor seems to kick it up on average slightly at 2/4 and even more at 3/6 (but again my play at 3/6 is limited).
Old 03-23-2005, 01:45 AM

Its just unbeliveably soft. I just recently started playing O8 as a wind-down from my sessions of 2/4 holdem. I read several books, watched a good bit of higher limits, and loaded PTO. I have yet to have a losing session at .5/1, and am getting pretty interested in learning to play O/8 at higher limits...
Old 03-23-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have yet to have a losing session at .5/1,

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize this doesn't mean much?

good luck, though