Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Whats the biggest tip youve ever seen?

A forced payment to dealers is not a tip...
Old 03-21-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It may as well be. I tip very well, but if I ever win where they're taking out 3% for dealers, they ain't getting 3% more from me. Maybe 1%.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:26 PM

I tipped the whole pot in a 4/8 game. I was drunk and playing like a complete maniac. One of my opponents said something to the effect that the dealer won that pot, not me. I agreed and pushed the pot to the dealer.

I gave a dealer $70 at the end of their down in a 20/40 game, after joking at the beginning of the down that I'd give them a 10% freeroll if they'd just let me stop losing for a few minutes.

Other than that... I've given a few oversized ($50 and $100) tips in situations where I got my money in way behind in a no-limit cash game, and joked that I'd tip extremely generously if they helped me suck out.

I guess I'm a drunk/idiot.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:44 PM

2 Tips from last trip to Vegas.

1. I won a 600+ pot playing 1-2 NL and won high hand jackpot for quad threes (same hand). I tipped the dealer about $25 and the floorman another $25. We were about to leave and I was already way up for the trip and The Alladin was good to us.

2. The best 4-8 game ever at the Bellagio on a Friday night. Average pot size had to be $175 for a solid 2 hrs. We were in seats 2, 3, 4, and 5. Seat 1 was from Turkey or something and raised 98% of every street of every hand. He didn't tip when he won. My buddy, Tim, gets in a pot with him where the Turk has AT (a monster hand for him) and Tim caps pre-flop and post flop with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] He flops the flush draw and the Turk hits the A. Tim gets the guy all in and flips over his flush draw and mutters KNYUCK KNYUCK KNYUCK (Three Stooges Style) and hits the flush on the river. As the deal pushes him the pot his grabs at least $20+ and gives to the deal and says that it is the "non tipping mother fuckers anyway..."
Old 03-21-2005, 01:15 PM

This thread reminds me of a story I heard:

Frank Sinatra was staying at a hotel and there was a young boy working as a errand-lad and a gofer at the door. Sinatra leaned down and asked the boy, "what's the biggest tip you ever got, kid?" "a hundred dollars" the boy replied. without another word Sinatra took two hundred dollar bills and gave them to the kid and started walking away.

After a few steps he turned around. "just out of curiosity, kid, who gave you the hundred dollar tip?"

the kid looked up and said, "you did, Mr. Sinatra, yesterday."
Old 03-21-2005, 01:16 PM

A buddy of mine and I were at the mirage playing 3/6. We were both hammered out of our skulls and being absolutely obnoxious. We were about to leave and my friend takes down his last hand, racks his remaining chips and leaves a $70 pot on the table as a tip for the dealer.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It may as well be. I tip very well, but if I ever win where they're taking out 3% for dealers, they ain't getting 3% more from me. Maybe 1%.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i do they will get nothing. 3% of the prizepool is payment enough for their time. It takes them out of the level where, IMO, they don't need tips. It instead makes them a decently paid employee.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:58 PM

i was playing live 3/6 a few monthes ago and two guys hit the bbj for 15k or whatever it was. well the guy who took the beat ended up getting 6k so he tips the dealer 600 and the other guy who had the winning hand got 2k so he tipped the dealer 200.... not a bad night for a 3/6 dealer lol