Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Over aggressive?

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose against an average unknown player raising a flop bet wouldn't be wrong...so long as you are prepared to fold to a flop 3-bet or if its bet into you on the turn unimproved.

For statistics etc go to Pokertracker - they have 2 fantastic tools - "pokertracker" which observes yours and your oppenents play and analyses it in many wonderful ways...and "gametime+" which gives you instant access to statistics about the opponents your are playing with right now. Its invaluable.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, i do have PT and use it to evaluate hands afterwards, i haven't used gametime before. the percentage you came up with then was from the hands you've played with him only?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:08 AM

Yeah - I had played around 80-90 hands with him, and GT+ just 'looks' into PokerTracker and displays his stats on the Party Poker screen. Obviously the sample size is way way way too small to be really sure about anything, but generally after 50 hands I think you can be reasonably confident in your read. And obviously, if I play with him again in the future, I will have these stats from today as well.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah - I had played around 80-90 hands with him, and GT+ just 'looks' into PokerTracker and displays his stats on the Party Poker screen. Obviously the sample size is way way way too small to be really sure about anything, but generally after 50 hands I think you can be reasonably confident in your read. And obviously, if I play with him again in the future, I will have these stats from today as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard it works with party, but i don't think it works with Paradise??
Old 03-16-2005, 11:18 AM

GT+ works with PokerTracker - so if PokerTracker works with Paradise (which I think it does - although I don't play Paradise so I'm not certain) then so does GT+
Old 03-16-2005, 11:35 AM

GT+ works with Paradise, but its a pain because Paradise doesn't store hand histories on your hard drive, you have to request them to email you HHs. PT has a function for this, it can auto-request hand histories for you, so you can set it to request say, 25 hands every 5 minutes, but then you have to wait until they appear in your inbox so PT can auto-import them. All of this results in a 5-10 minute delay for GT+ stats, which kinda makes it useless.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:38 AM

This is how I would play it.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:05 PM

i am not completely sure how i would play it.

if he's a known extremely passive player (postflop) then i dont think it's a horrendous crime to fold the flop. however, that is not the sort of read i'd get after only 40-50 hands...i'm talking hundreds of hands...

so, if he's basically an unknown with passive tendancies i raise the flop for a free card, and fold to a flop 3-bet or on the turn UI.
meh. i just don't like it.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:51 PM

I think you get called by 55, A3, etc to make this river bet good. Rest of the hand is completely standard.