Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Small Stakes SNG Question

In a one table $5 or $10 SNG, with 4 players remaining, 50-100 Blinds, if you think you have a 58-60% edge over another player's hand, is that a big enough "edge" to go ahead and play the hand, or do you try and wait even if blinds are now getting to be pretty big percentage of the stacks?
Old 03-13-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Small Stakes SNG Question

Need stack sizes.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:35 PM

sorry - chip leader is the underdog player with over $5000, about 1200 to 1600 for all other players. Chip leader got the huge stack by calling 3 other all-in players with Q-J suited, and caught runner runner runner to win w/flush.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:12 PM

A couple of things I'd think about here. First off, if I'm the chip leader it's kind of no brainer. With that big a lead and that size of stack I'm playing so tight my eyeballs hurt.

If I'm one of the others, however I'm going to need some more info. Mainly, what do I know about the other players by this time. If they are strong players it might be better to wait. If I've got a tight/weak player, however, it might go well to hit the pot with a large bet and try to drive him off. I'd be prepaired to bang it again on the flop with someone like that if he calls. I don't know how many pots I've won that way.

So you get the standard Hold-em answer to a lot of questions like this ... it depends.

Dean