Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (3/12)

Where in AC can I find a game like this at similar limits?
Old 03-13-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, I'd like to give props to 3rdEye for his taste in music. Also, I have to agree that this game plays similarly to the Party Poker .50/1.00. If only I had 40 times the bankroll...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:53 AM

Yes, that was me with the top set of 666 in an unraised pot. The flop was 346 and two players had 57. Every street was capped. The board didn't pair and I folded on the river after one player bet and the other raised.

I was the white guy in the white shirt in seat 8.

There were some real donks in the game.

Was Vicki the one in the 3 seat? She was kind of hot and had a very sarcastic sense of humor that I enjoyed. She spilled coffee all over her coat and said it cost her $500. One of the donks said "Dont worry, I'll lose that much to you!" He was probably kidding but it was true, he was a donk.

Grace in the 4 seat was very nice.

The guy in the 1 seat looked familiar. I thought he was a prop but it didnt seem so from the conversation.

When I was playing 20/40 stud8 earlier, players were dropping f-bombs like crazy, blaming dealers, throwing the cards, etc. In the live-at-the-bike game, everyone was on their best behavior. After one hand in which a player swore, I said in a good-natured way, "See now, *that's* what I expect in Los Angeles!" They took it in the wrong way and everyone started ragging on me. I felt like a shmuck.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody think that it's not fair for the commentators to play in the game after commentating? They are seeing the whole cards for every player and how they play them... Pretty much watching the game with all cards turned up for a few hours. They have alot more information about every player at the table then anybody else at the table. This gives them a huge unfair edge. one guy may have bluffed 4 times with trash cards and won all four times. Only the commentators know this cause they can see the whole cards but nobody else knows. What does everyone think about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked tonight but was buried running and starting the no limit games (we peaked at fourteen or fifteen NL tables and could have had more if we had dealers and more tables). Anyway, which commentator played in the game? I ask because there is a guy named Bart who played in seat 9 but this isn't Bart Hanson.

~ Rick
Old 03-13-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I worked tonight but was buried running and starting the no limit games (we peaked at fourteen or fifteen NL tables and could have had more if we had dealers and more tables). Anyway, which commentator played in the game? I ask because there is a guy named Bart who played in seat 9 but this isn't Bart Hanson.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey. I was just bringing this up because i heard one or two of the announcers mention how the game was so fishy that they were thinking about joining the table. I don't remember any of them taking a seat at the table tonight. I have seen it in past episodes where one of the announcers just has to sit at the table because they see how wild it is. But they get the unfair advantage of watching a few rounds of the table with all cards face up. They are able to pinpoint exactly who is playing what and how at the moment.

This isnt a problem that effects me since I live on the opposite side of the country. I just figured that i'd mention it and see how others felt. But now that i think about it, it is 'live at the bike'. The players playing should know the consequences since they have to sign a waiver.

Anyway - fantastic show! I hope you keep showing the limit games regularly. I enjoy watching them alot.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey. I was just bringing this up because i heard one or two of the announcers mention how the game was so fishy that they were thinking about joining the table. I don't remember any of them taking a seat at the table tonight. I have seen it in past episodes where one of the announcers just has to sit at the table because they see how wild it is. But they get the unfair advantage of watching a few rounds of the table with all cards face up. They are able to pinpoint exactly who is playing what and how at the moment.

This isnt a problem that effects me since I live on the opposite side of the country. I just figured that i'd mention it and see how others felt. But now that i think about it, it is 'live at the bike'. The players playing should know the consequences since they have to sign a waiver.

Anyway - fantastic show! I hope you keep showing the limit games regularly. I enjoy watching them alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

After performing a sloppy investigation I'm fairly certain they (Bart Hanson and David Tuchman) were just kidding around about this. I did get off duty after the lights went out and was thinking of putting my name on the board (since it was such a good game) but I was too worn out. Instead I'm up surfing the net, playing online, kicking back, and more worn out than ever [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Am I the only one who thinks it would be great to watch mike l. play in this game?

~ Rick
Old 03-13-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks it would be great to watch mike l. play in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope.

It was great to watch and realize I could survive in that game. Now, if only I had the time, money and lived in LA.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 1: Note to self. If I bring sunglasses to a poker game, they do no good sitting on my hat all day. They make me look like a WPT wannabe.

[/ QUOTE ]
That must be my friend Carl Frommer (took 5th in the second largest WSOP field last year). He didn't bother to tell me he was on the show until this morning! Lots of good it does me NOW!

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net
Old 03-13-2005, 08:08 PM

Carl's played at the Live at the Bike table twice now, the last time was a couple of weeks ago in the $200 game.

Kevin...
Old 03-13-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bart, I went to school with seat 2, he had 15 tackles for losses for Fontana High School his senior year. Can you send a shot out by saying 'Sup Bro'...

[/ QUOTE ]

was there a sup bro sighting in LA?