Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Just over 2 weeks till \'The Poker Channel\" goes live !!!!!(UK)

There are enough Hollywood stars playing, to make a Poker channel popular in the US. Plus, I'm sure they can get enough sponsors and advertisers to keep the channel profitable.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: But is it on cable?

I've got telewest cable and the channel doesnt seen to be active, does anyone know if it will be?
aquifex
Old 03-09-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got telewest cable and the channel doesnt seen to be active, does anyone know if it will be?
aquifex

[/ QUOTE ]

"Contact you Operator" is probably the answer to that, I moved form cable for the reason that Sky has many more channels and is cheaper.

The shows I know about are;

Home Game with Barney, he will will come round your house and play in your home game.

Bar Chat (or somthing), Hoseted by Vicky C and has UK people like mad yank and David Young spouting off on all things poker.

Home Coach a pro (not sure who) giving advice to an online player as they play a MTT.

British POker Open - 5 hour shows of the full tables of 6 player sng's mixture of pros and internet qualifiers.

Dont want to knock it before it begins there may be some gems on there as time goes on and they start to show tournaments, I havent watched the preview yet as away at work but I am expecting lots of the "faces" of the pro scene being front and centre The Mob, Aces and people like David Young and the Camel, with luck it might mean a revival of late night poker but who knows, is Lucy Rokesh being featured at all? She seems a solid player and would be somone I would like to see featured. Jesse May seems to be heavily involved which again I dont know if its a good or bad thing.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:48 AM

Website goes active tomorrow.

Poker Channel Website