Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Fourth place trauma

Should I have bet fewer chips after he checked? Like 400 or 500?
Old 03-02-2005, 02:44 AM

If you think he will react the same to 400 as he would to 600 then yes....sometimes tough to tell if this will be the case. If you think someone is scared of bubbling thenyou can usually get away with smaller bets.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you think he will react the same to 400 as he would to 600 then yes....sometimes tough to tell if this will be the case. If you think someone is scared of bubbling thenyou can usually get away with smaller bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm....I hate to interrupt but ......

Didn't you say you watched all of her hands, curtains?

Didn't she actually play this hand?

Haven't you already gone over this with her?!?!?

Yugoslav
(who will now try to post something slightly helpful)
Old 03-02-2005, 03:05 AM

I review all her hand histories...this obviously happened tonight.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:09 AM

btw I meant that I see her hand histories, usually 12 hours to 24 hours after the tournament is played.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:14 AM

Yeah sometimes you get into a situation where your hand value doesn't matter so much. What I mean is that it doesn't matter if you have A9 or 32o, because you can't play the hand if someone reraises you. Obviously you will call 500 more if the shortstack reraises, but if the other guys reraise it's just annoying, and your A9o may as well be 73o.

It's of course nice to have something reasonable just in case the BB calls you preflop, so you have a chance to hit a good flop. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't raise A9o here, but it sometimes doesn't mean that much that its a good hand.

In situations like this, it's sometimes more important what your chances are of stealing the blinds as opposed to the actual value of your hand.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah sometimes you get into a situation where your hand value doesn't matter so much. What I mean is that it doesn't matter if you have A9 or 32o, because you can't play the hand if someone reraises you. Obviously you will call 500 more if the shortstack reraises, but if the other guys reraise it's just annoying, and your A9o may as well be 73o.

It's of course nice to have something reasonable just in case the BB calls you preflop, so you have a chance to hit a good flop. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't raise A9o here, but it sometimes doesn't mean that much that its a good hand.

In situations like this, it's sometimes more important what your chances are of stealing the blinds as opposed to the actual value of your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post, curtains.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice. You would be better served overall however being more careful with PF raising when the other big stack at the table is in the BB. By folding PF here, you give the smaller stacks an opportunity to make a mistake, and A9o can;t withstand too much heat, as you found.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is good advice. You would be better served overall however being more careful with PF raising when the other big stack at the table is in the BB. By folding PF here, you give the smaller stacks an opportunity to make a mistake, and A9o can;t withstand too much heat, as you found.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. At the 100/200 blind level, I'm feeling pretty comfortable with t2900. No need to even be in the hand.

Jenium, welcome to the forum. One bit of advice: the hand converter makes your posts look pretty, and makes things a bit easier for us, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]