Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Time for SH FAQ Sticky Post?

Hi All.

How about creating a sticky post with SH FAQs? For instance:
1. Starting Hands (at least 1 newwbie post per week on the issue)
2. List of helpful posts (there was an excellent post on this recently with good links).
3. Variance in 6-max, what kind of downswing can you expect...

Any other idea welcomed.

J.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Time for SH FAQ Sticky Post?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/fa...mp;postmarker=

sticky that, or use a lot of that content.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:21 PM

While the post cited above is a decent one, I agree that we need a "sticky" FAQ. There are several recurrent issues worthy of a FAQ:

1. Adequate bankroll - or when should I step up to 5/10.
2. Autorate rules for 6 max.
3. I had a 50 BB downswing - what now.
4. Desirable stats.
5. How many hands before we can talk about adequate predictive stats?

I would be willing to participate in a group putting together the FAQ.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Please dont post numbers from less than 30k? 50k? hands and expect a serious critique of play.

-Brad
Old 02-28-2005, 04:00 PM

exactly my point
Old 02-28-2005, 04:09 PM

A sticky FAQ is an excellent idea, and could be done in conjuction with the "Archive Project" currently being coordinated by Scotch78. In fact, a FAQ composed of links to archived threads could be far more comprehensive than a compilation of blurbs by single authors.

Maybe a few introductory Q's concerning posting guidelines, but I believe most topics will be better served by archives.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A sticky FAQ is an excellent idea, and could be done in conjuction with the "Archive Project" currently being coordinated by Scotch78.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a sticky is pretty much the goal of the archive project. Unfortunately, participation was pathetic and I had to completely restructure the goals. Right now there are ten people including myself who are reading 91 threads on blinds play. A thread will receive half a star for each person who found it helpful. A final list of the quality threads and their ratings will be posted in the forum in about three weeks. Hopefully, this will promote enough interest to undertake the full project at that point.

Scott
Old 02-28-2005, 06:45 PM

I don't think we should have a sticky. One of the things I like about SH is information isn't served up on a silver platter. No books with charts. Doesn't have hundreds of posters to answer your every little question. You have to do some work and digging to find the resources.

Now I'm all for favorites threads and archives projects, but I think making a sticky so that anyone can just waltz in and immediately benefit from all of our hard work is a bad idea. At least make them search for the favorites/archives threads. If they can't manage that then they really don't belong here.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think we should have a sticky. One of the things I like about SH is information isn't served up on a silver platter. No books with charts. Doesn't have hundreds of posters to answer your every little question. You have to do some work and digging to find the resources.

Now I'm all for favorites threads and archives projects, but I think making a sticky so that anyone can just waltz in and immediately benefit from all of our hard work is a bad idea. At least make them search for the favorites/archives threads. If they can't manage that then they really don't belong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you 100%. If we create a sticky thread emphasizing how to play in shorthanded games, we will poison the HUSH forum. We will develop new posters who don't do their own research or contribute to the forum.

I support a sticky that emphasizes etiquette issues and how to use the search function.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
support a sticky that emphasizes etiquette issues and how to use the search function.

[/ QUOTE ]

HUSH to Naphand. This is HUSH calling Naphand.

Scott