Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Party 2-4 big pot

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (28 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 31 BB How did I do its a huge pot
Old 02-24-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Party 2-4 big pot

You do not have odds to draw on the turn. You made your set. Raise.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:33 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

I raise the flop. I can see a turn fold, but i think it's really close and would probably call, when it's two more back to you, of course u have to call. How reasonable is CO? If he is not a loose fish, i'm raising the river (and calling a three bet) as well.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:35 PM

The turn is pretty close, 17:2, and an average of what 5 outs? Of course with the possibility of it being three bet behind, i can see folding.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:39 PM

How did you do? You called way too much. Preflop is fine and standard. On the flop I would raise when the sb leads out you have top pair with a gutbuster draw, with it coming back to you capped, it's looks like the very least you're against 2 pair versus and set or a made straight. On the turn you should give it up, there's no way you should be calling all four bets for at best a few out probably to a split pot. On the river just call and hope that the there are two smaller sets out, but i would be very surprised if someone didn't have the straight.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:41 PM

You really need to raise the flop. SB could easily be betting something you beat like 78 or 67 or A7s or A9 or who knows what else, so you are likely to have the best hand, and even if you don't, you probably have a bunch of outs. There are two people behind you who are likely to have overcards to your pair and you want them out. You can't just call here.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You made your set. Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the CO capping the flop and the turn and betting the river unless he's a complete maniac I can't see you being ahead enough to raise the river.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:45 PM

You think a reasonable player cold-calls with 710?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop. I can see a turn fold, but i think it's really close and would probably call, when it's two more back to you, of course u have to call. How reasonable is CO? If he is not a loose fish, i'm raising the river (and calling a three bet) as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? We're drawing to 6 outs in the most optimistic scenario imaginable where Hero does not split the pot on a straight, or lose to a better one. I don't see how 2 BBs makes this a better call than if it were one.

I personally fold the turn, as it is at the very least a significant possibility that it will be 3-bet behind you.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:57 PM

I think calling with 7Ts is a stretch but not completely out of the realm of possibility, and i think raising the river is close I was just wondering if we are good here enough to account for the time that we raise and are 3 bet and are behind (you have to call the raise here as well but I can't see a worse hand 3 betting with the 4 card straight on the board), also the presence of MP3 and overcalls come into play.