Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 08:39 PM

Default You raised preflop, have one caller who has position....

And now you've hit your flop without any threatening draws. Assume that this is also a point in the tourney where the stacks are large enough that continuation bets will mean that an all-in.

Example:

6 players, Blinds are 50/100.

You (t1600) raise 300 from MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
The button (t2000) flat calls, both blinds fold.

Pot: 750

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How often do you check to feign weakness, hoping to induce a bluff, and how often to you simply push?

I'm thinking that it should be a mix. You're not getting away from this hand now, so why not try and coax an all-in?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: You raised preflop, have one caller who has position....

Id like to know some more details, but I generally bet something like 400-500 (an amount that seems like I still have enough to fold...sometimes they try to get fancy). I don't want to give a totally free card.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And now you've hit your flop without any threatening draws. Assume that this is also a point in the tourney where the stacks are large enough that continuation bets will mean that an all-in.

Example:

6 players, Blinds are 50/100.

You (t1600) raise 300 from MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
The button (t2000) flat calls, both blinds fold.

Pot: 750

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How often do you check to feign weakness, hoping to induce a bluff, and how often to you simply push?

I'm thinking that it should be a mix. You're not getting away from this hand now, so why not try and coax an all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]I base it more on the actual opponent. If he's real aggressive, then I may check or I may bet something small. - the pot was 750 - I might throw out something like a 200 bet. He doesn't want to call such a small bet because that makes him look weak - He also doesn't want to fold because that small bet is an insult to his ego. Lots of times he'll go over the top of me with little to nothing and i'll double through him. If the player is passive, I'm definately going to bet. Checking can be ok here, but i wouldn't do it very often.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:06 AM

IMO as an earlier replier said, it's entirely depends on the way you're accustomed to playing and your opponent's tendencies.

Personally I would fire out 500-600 on this flop, while pushing on the turn no matter what card comes.