Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 08:20 AM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)
Default Not quite the river card I was hoping for..easy fold for 2 bets?

Maybe a little early for 22, but big blind was a 55/35/2 who was going to make it 2 bets. I felt with a limper before me, I would get at least one more and maybe 2 after me. If the big blind did his usual thing, we would have 5bbs in the pot before the flop on a hand that should be pretty easy to play.

villian to my right is 18/3/0.85). Only a few hands and he hasn't done anything out of line yet.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

<font color="red"> only 4 way action instead of the 5 that I had hoped for, but our friend in the big blind didn't disappoint. </font>

Flop: (8.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="red">Sometimes I sit up at night and think, if I could get a flop with a maniac what would it look like...it really resembles that one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>

Turn: (10.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="red">Even better. UTG+1 is 0.85 post flop on a scary flush board and was raising the flop and now just calling all of the bets on the turn. Big blind has exactly 2 cards, however with his continued aggression in the face of capped streets, it is looking more legitimate by the minute. </font>

River: (22.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, BB calls.

<font color="red">A pair of dueces is like a mackeral in the moonlight. One minute their beautiful, the next minute...

2 bets to me and UTG+1 hasn't slowed down yet. The only hand I am beating here is a flush, but surely they would have slowed down their flushes to 3 Q's on the board.

Is this an easy fold situation for 2 bets (after I chuck my computer across the room) </font>

Thanks,
Kevin

Final Pot: 30.20 BB
Old 02-14-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Not quite the river card I was hoping for..easy fold for 2 bets?

Your fold is fine here, your not closing the action and I'm pretty sure the betting isn't going to stop after you called two. You beat pretty much nothing.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Not quite the river card I was hoping for..easy fold for 2 bets?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a little early for 22, but big blind was a 55/35/2 who was going to make it 2 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should make you more inclined to fold not call, your implied odds are going to be cut in half if the BB raises.

Aside from that, I like your play on every street.