Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: fish alert - a new way to rant

[ QUOTE ]
Ouch, there is no justice in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever hit a 2 outer after you lost to a 2 outer earlier? doesnt that feel a bit like justice when it happens? of course, ive just been reading Platos Republic for the past week so the mention of justice makes me want to vomit.

rj
Old 02-12-2005, 05:12 PM

pfft!
$93 loss at 1/2

That's nothing.
I lost $200 at 1/2 in one hour. Then another $100 in the next hour. (4-tabling)

Of course, I dug my way out of that in due time. But you gotta have patience.

You just gotta have a roll large enough to weather the swings and play your best all the time. That's all you gotta do.

These things happen all the time.
You gotta learn to chill, bro.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't you want to know the names of players that play like [censored]? You play poker to make money right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not a question of whether I want to know the name, it is a question of whether 2+2er's work as a group to plan on targeting bad players. I do not think that is what 2+2 or even more specifically, the Zoo, is all about.

Vern

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree only in so much as it would open the floodgates for other disgruntled players to start posting the names of fish who have given them bad beats. Plus many of these "fish" wouldn't be fish at all -- they'd just be players that losing players have a vendetta against.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:36 PM

If this guy is a maniac and raising with 7-5 suit and calling with a two outer all the way to the river the best thing to do is get out of the game and play with more passive fish. I learned the hard way too
Old 02-12-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this guy is a maniac and raising with 7-5 suit and calling with a two outer all the way to the river the best thing to do is get out of the game and play with more passive fish. I learned the hard way too

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. I love having players like that at my table.

And a maniac doesn't call all the way to the river with a 2 outer, he raises all the way to the river with his two outer.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I call him with AK suited. Have a little raising war after the flop comes 10 5 of my suit and a Q. Next card is a 7 of my suit. Raising war again. Last card is a 5. Raising war again. He had raised with a 75 suited to make the full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight.

You just called pre-flop with AK?

and then you got in raising-wars on each street (including the river) with AK unimproved (albeit with a flush-draw)?

I would rather have your handle than his.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:02 PM

I'd have to look at the hand history. It is probable I raised, usually my habit. Possibly I called because it was capped. That kind of a game.
Raising without a completed hand, huh?
Let's count the outs.
Any suit. That's 9.
Any A or K for top pair top kicker. That's 6 more.
Any J not my suit that's 3 more.
That brings me to 18 outs. Given what was already in the pot, I'd say I was getting pretty good odds on my raise.
I know you post alot here Bob, but you ever read any books by a guy named Sklansky?
You don't think it's a good idea to raise with 75 suit do you? I suppose I lost because he was the better player. I also suppose you have never raised with 18 outs.
Don't troll me anymore, OK?
What's your handle, BTW? You sound a little passive.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:17 PM

I love poker. I am really getting tired of this Party 1/2 Rocks and Maniac BS. If it is the same at 3/6 and 10/20, then I may have a problem....
Old 02-13-2005, 12:05 AM

Not to stir the pot on this one but how do you guys handle someone like is being described in this thread? Did he take money from everyone at the table or just you? Not having much experience I think that I would tighten up, only let this guy have a set amount of my money if I could not turn it around and let the other players have a shot at this guy. What other techniques should you try against a player like this agressive and lucky player. Even tightening up doesn't always work. Submariner played AKs which in all books is playable. What I have read suggest protecting your hand but this guy is not taking the hint? Would a good technique be to play suited connectors till you draw a nut and punish the guy? If a guy is ignoring the best hands you can play what else can you do?

I ran into a guy like this on party and he is on my buddy list too. If I ever see him again I will change tables. I figure that that is the only way that I can do well against him at least for now.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your handle, BTW? You sound a little passive

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not the one who called preflop with AK..and not only did you call, but called a maniac.

You are mad about someone beating you out of $93. And then you think "justice" is having him fleeced?? Wouldn't it be better off you keeping this "fish" to yourself??

But, hey maybe Bob will give you his handle so you can play him in the 15-30 game.

craig