Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 10:01 PM

Default 10K Hand PT Stats Checkup

Any input on the below stats is greatly appreciated.

10,080 hands (Party $2/$4)
VP$IP 16.98%
VP$IP from SB 27.82%
Folded SB to Steal 81.43%
Folded BB to Steal 67.01%
Att to Steal Blinds 12.94%
Won $ WSF 31.05%
Went to SD 29.29%
Won $ at SD 54.60%
PFR 7.0%
BB/100 <font color="red">(0.03)</font>
Avg # of Players per Hand 8.5
ASF 34.42%
Aggression #'s
Flop 1.99
Turn 2.45
River 2.18
Folded to River Bet 48.84%
Check raises 1.18% of Possible Actions

I know the sample size could be bigger, but I want to start plugging holes ASAP. I know my biggest problem is not adjusting to different player types (I am working on this). I figure my river aggression should be higher. Am I too weak on the river?

I am particularly concerned about Won$WSF, Went to SD % and Won$atSD, how do these #'s seem?

As far as the BB/100, it has flunctuated from -1 to +1.5. I think this low number will improve as my post-flop play improves (the first 5000 hands are pulling down the average).

Again, any advice or input is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: 10K Hand PT Stats Checkup

It's a small sample size for the stat, but you should attempt to steal the blinds more often. Mine is about 32, and I think I miss a few profitable steals here and there.

Also, I'd say if there's any one aggression stat that could use a boost, it would be the flop.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Att to Steal Blinds 12.94

[/ QUOTE ] get that up to at a minimum 25%...30% is optimal.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:59 AM

I think your went to showdown number is a little low, and your won $ at showdown is too high. These are obviously related, and taken together indicate that you're a little weak post flop. The answer could be your 48% folded at river number. This is way to high, in my opinion. You are obviously folding some winners here. Don't overadjust, but ask yourself before folding half the time to a river bet, am I for certain beat here? Is there anything my opponent could have that I could beat. You'll often be getting pot odds to call even though you're "likely" beat. Good luck!
Old 01-29-2005, 10:12 AM

For the sake of supporting those that poop on small samples here is a graph of 12,400 hands.

At what point on that graph would you feel comfortable eveluating stats and their relevance to good, winning poker?

That being said, you are not stealing blinds nearly enough as well as generally not raising enough preflop. I don't know what to tell you really. You should be raising more for sure but trying to raise more will often lead to raising the wrong hands (since you clearly feel that you are raising the right ones now I don't know how you would inherently know what else you should be raising but I'll leave that to you I suppose). I don't know what "good" numbers are for aggression factors or the many acronyms for stats that resemble "w$wsf" or "w$@sd". Furthermore i don't think there is a lot of value in understanding that your numbers for those stats are wrong or right because I think they are inherently byproducts of other, more fundamental aspects of your play.