Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Accessing Neteller Funds In the UK

Hi All,
I've got a question for the experienced UK-based players.
What's the easiest and most efficient way of accessing your neteller funds.

Is it worth getting a Neteller ATM card or just wait for a cheque?

I've got a feeling that the exchange rate they use is not very good when you withdraw, is there any way arround this?

Any useful infomation would be much appreciated

Thanks
Aquifex
Old 01-25-2005, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Accessing Neteller Funds In the UK

Use Party. Neteller --> Party. Play Party for a few hundred hands (if you don't already). Party --> Debit (Switch) Card.

The exchange rate is very favourable and it takes a day to get the money in your bank account. Of course there are deposit limits and you don't want to arouse too much suspicion but I guess you could probably do $3K per transaction, but I've only done it in $1K increments.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:13 AM

Thanks Tyler,

I'd already thought of that but I recently got a new debit card (from Halifax) and they changed from switch to visa delta. Empire/party doesnt accept these cards!

This seems like the best option though, so I'm thinking of changing Banks to get a switch card... But I dont really want the hassle

Any more Ideas?
Old 01-25-2005, 07:14 AM

Hey, I can offer some REALLY USEFUL info on this one! Don't get a debit card for one thing. I did, put 300 quid on it was only able to withdraw 250 before all sorts started happening at the cash machines, eventually cancelled the card after 15 pounds worth of charges. Took time to get the remaining 35 quid sent back to my neteller account and I only escaped a 3 pound fee for the cancellation because I moaned. Don't do it it's not funny it's not clever.

Cheques work and they only cost 2 quid. Come pretty quick. But best of all is the option I was put on to by another poster. Use total bet or uk betting. Money comes in from neteller, is changed to sterling at reasonable rates and then lands on your debit/credit card at no extra cost within a couple of days. You should probably play a few hands out of courtesy but hey the bonus is pretty ok as well. This is one very cool solution IMHO.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:21 AM

Cheques work and they only cost 2 quid.

Be aware that I've asked several banks, and they ask for 10-15 pounds and many (though not all) ask you to wait six weeks for your money.
Also be aware that I don't have a regular job, so banks don't like me much.

Just saying you might want to check with your own bank before following this one.

Lori
Old 01-25-2005, 07:25 AM

Thanks Nick,
I think ukbetting will accept visa debit cards so this look like a good idea. Do you think this would work at interpoker?
They are both crypto sites but have different base currencies.

Cheers
Aquifex
Old 01-25-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheques work and they only cost 2 quid.

Be aware that I've asked several banks, and they ask for 10-15 pounds and many (though not all) ask you to wait six weeks for your money.
Also be aware that I don't have a regular job, so banks don't like me much.

Just saying you might want to check with your own bank before following this one.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the cheque I received was from Barclays Bank UK and cleared in 2 days for no charge. I was very impressed with the speed of the arrival of the cheque over the busy xmas period. Only downside is that it cost me a small charge.

I have also heard neteller will do a direct bank transfer to UK accounts if you phone them up.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:04 AM

I have my neteller currency set in pounds, order checks in pounds, and take them to the bank. I'm pretty sure that this is a terrible way of doing it, but even after getting gouged on the exchange rate, it's still cheaper in my experience than taking a check in dollars to a UK bank.

For generic, (non-bonus) play on the party skins, I use Eurobet which goes back to my debit card--I think that you can deposit there from Neteller, and it doesn't have to be a switch card, b/c I dont have one.

There was also a thread a week or two ago suggesting that multipoker or pokernow (can't remember) did free transfers to european bank accounts, so you might want to do a search for those details.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:24 AM

If you have a UK Pound Neteller account and are playing on US $ based sites such as party / ultimate etc then you are getting fleeced on the exchange rates every time you deposit or cash-out, I was losing around 5% of my rather small bankroll every time I moved from one site to another to chase a bonus.

Switch to a US$ Neteller account, you'll only get hit with the exchange rates once, when you finally cash out to a cheque, and they will still send you a UK £ cheque as long as your registered address is in the UK

Mat
Old 01-25-2005, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and they will still send you a UK £ cheque as long as your registered address is in the UK

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that so? I'll look into that. Thanks!