Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: foxboro frozen

You guys are hilarious. That slick field could be a factor in the Pats loss. Indy's wide receiver group is the best in the nfl and they will know where they are running to whereas the Pats "secondary" will be giving up a lot of big plays or penalties, probably both chasing Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, etc.. around. The new rules on illegal contact don't help NE any either.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are hilarious. That slick field could be a factor in the Pats loss. Indy's wide receiver group is the best in the nfl and they will know where they are running to whereas the Pats "secondary" will be giving up a lot of big plays or penalties, probably both chasing Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, etc.. around. The new rules on illegal contact don't help NE any either.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the point is that no matter how slick the field gets, it's an advantage for the Patriots. Some of their biggest games have been won in the snow (Oakland in '01, Indy last year, etc.).
If you think the Patriots secondary, which is still good despite injuries, is gonna have trouble, imagine what's gonna happen to the Colts' secondary. The NE WRs may not be the fastest in the league, but Charlie Weis will exploit any and every advantage he has.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:55 PM

again. the colts have not played in anyhting colder than the high 30's low 40's and that was with a clear sky and no wind.

i am amazed that common sense just isnt as common as you would think.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The NE WRs may not be the fastest in the league, but Charlie Weis will exploit any and every advantage he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think Tom Moore won't try to exploit every advantage he has? Of course both of them will and should otherwise they are not doing their job.

My point was that the frozen field may not be a big an advantage as being touted. That being said this should be a great game. I personally feel that Indy will win and I have bet pretty heavily(for me) that way but I also know that this is NFL football and there are NO guarantees in the NFL. Well besides heartache there are no guarantees.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My point was that the frozen field may not be a big an advantage as being touted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...it might be an even bigger advantage for NE than we think [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Otherwise, why would they have purposely left the tarp off the field all week in the rain KNOWING that the temperatures were dropping and it would eventually freeze over.
The entire organization from the grounds crew through the coaching staff sees the obvious advantage here, and they're going to exploit it.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm amazed that you don't realize that these are highly trained and conditioned athletes and to think that they won't be able to perform because it's a little cold. I guess your common sense is just a little too common for me.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:19 PM

Agreed. It's obvious that NE WANTS the conditions this way.
Their secondary is in shambles and I think this equalizes things a bit for their defense vs. IND's receivers.

But, it doesn't really matter what I think it does.
The NE organization obviously thinks it is in their best interests to make IND as uncomfortable as possible regarding the field-conditions.

Could the strategy back-fire on them?? Sure, it's possible. So feel free to disagree with NE's strategy here.
But I think NE is a pretty smart bunch and knows what they are doing on this one.

I am agreeing with NE and with the under.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm amazed that you don't realize that these are highly trained and conditioned athletes and to think that they won't be able to perform because it's a little cold. I guess your common sense is just a little too common for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little cold? haha
So I'm guessing you think that the Colts going from a regulated dome with no wind into a 20-25 degree Gillette stadium, sloppy field, and possible snow on the way isn't going to be a factor?
If it weren't, there would be almost no such thing as home field advantage here.
If you don't think it's a factor, just go back to the tape of last year's AFC Championship.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:21 PM

You must be Bush guys.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must be Bush guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Insult my intelligence, insult my team, insult my state, but PLEASE do not call me a Bush guy.