Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Please take this into consideration

I agree with Michael Davis completely on that naphand's post is one of the best posts I've read of all time not just all year, I was thinking exactly that right after I read it and then I read your post next Michael and I.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm too tired right now to make a detailed reply to your post naphand. but I would like to apologize for any disprect or arrogance I may have inadvertently shown to the forum. I understand that many people do not know who I am (although they know Thunder is my twin brother, and that while they may know I win at the 100-200 game on pokerstars they also know that doesn't mean I'm a great teacher. I have years of experience teaching poker and breaking down hands, its actually one of if not my strongest points, my lack of tilt susceptibility would be perhaps my strongest point.

I have received several inquires about my services but also a few really nasty responses, as well as thebruiser's retard thread ect. I hope I didn't sink to there level, I don't doubt that Daryn is a solid player if he is willing to play me headsup 15-30. I'm ambivalent about playing him at any those stakes because as a true professional I look for weak opponents not opponents I assume to be skilled. I don't play poker to "beat the best" or prove that I'm the best, I play poker to make money and I like to play against weak competition. I don't have an big ego like some certain plays I just smile and take the money. Only when someone talks badly about my game do I challenge them, and yes you are correct I assumed he wouldn't accept but I really don't think I should be expected to play him that low stakes, the lowest stakes game I played yesterday for example was 80-160 headsup, then some 100-200 on PS, and 200-400 hu on UB. I would prefer if you gain my resepct from the quality of my posts and not through playing me headsup.

I whole heartedly agree with your theme of respecting the headsup-up and short-handed forum even though I didn't post a lot I've actually been a registered member longer than you have, I remember back when there was less "noise" and more valuable dicussion in most of the other forums and I would like the atmosphere to remain as friendly and conducive to learning poker theory as possible.

Please read my new 100-200 hand I posted in the headsup section I also posted a detailed description of why I played the hand in a post afterwards that I think you will find interesting.

Peace,

Shawn "Lightning" Keller
Old 01-02-2005, 02:14 PM

Default You\'ve got me all wrong naphand

Naphand you seemed pretty upset and a bit quick to jump to judgement on me.

I have in no way shape or form backed down from playing daryn headsup. Keep in mind some of us aren't glued to the computer, just because I don't check the forum for 24 hours doesn't mean anything, I have a lot of responsiblities at this time. I could give several references but I don't feel comfortable doing that without there expressed permission first and probably not in this public forum.

Please understand sir that I'm not desperately out there trying to make an easy couple thousand "teaching" poker. I actually enjoy teaching people who really want to learn, I find it somewhat fulfilling. However I couldn't see myself eaching more than one student a month, since it is mentally exhausting. I will say that I probably have as much if not more experience teaching at the 15-30 limit level online than almost anyone else in the world.

PM if you are seriously interested I'll probably need at least a 30 days now advanced notice. I have two students I'm working with now that are almost ready to go pro, neither of them had ever played poker when I started teaching them but they were magic the gathering players. I haven't taught anyone from 2+2 yet so if I do teach one of you regulars you could always report back on the quality of service to the rest of the group. Also I'm gonna try to post at least one hand a week, probably some from the 15-30 limit, and I'll break it down for you like how I would if we were working together.

Shawn "Lightning" Keller
Old 01-02-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: You\'ve got me all wrong naphand

How much does David Sklansky charge for lessons, per hour?
I thought it was around the 300$ marker.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Please take this into consideration

Is there anything worse than sharing half a nickname with your brother? Lighting and Thunder? God, that's lame.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember back when there was less "noise" and more valuable dicussion in most of the other forums

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this too.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:07 PM

Both responses from you have told the Forum much more about you than your original hand-posts did, and while I am not in a position to recommend you solely on the basis of them, what you have said and the way you have said it indicates a degree of professionalism that was not apparent previously. I am never the diplomat, and my posts tend to reflect my mood at the time of writing, but I always respect considered and thoughtful responses, particularly as I know I can be pretty brutal/sharp in what I say. Both your recent responses (above) have given me more confidence in you as an individual, and indicate a much deeper thought process than I had been able to determine to date. Please do not take my excoriating posts to mean I am dismissing you, I just tend to put people on the rack when they make big claims... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2005, 08:43 PM

Hi Lightning,

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not desperately out there ...

[/ QUOTE ]
--This is correct.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel comfortable doing that without there expressed permission...

[/ QUOTE ]
--This is not. "Their" is possessive. So, they're you are. That lesson is free. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Interesting HU 100-200 hand

shawn-

can you please stop posting hands that have your opponents names in them. its rude.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, they're you are.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That lesson is free. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
And rightfully so.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:26 PM

I just skimmed through all the posts, but I just want to say that it quite amazes me all the heat you get on these forums. I've played you for some thousands of hands and I really like your attitude towards the game. When you say that you don't tilt I truly believe you.

Anyways, good luck to you.

Regards