Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2004, 05:11 AM

Default Plaza tournaments

Anyone played in these tournaments? Any comments? I'll be in Vegas soon and am thinking about playing the midnight one.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Plaza tournaments

Last time I was in Vegas, I won the midnight tourney. If memory serves, there were about 60 entries. The play was very loose passive and the blind levels were reasonable. I think it was 20 min/per but the increments were smaller than some of the other poker rooms. The tourney lasted until 6:30 a.m. We got to heads up and I tried to chop because the blinds were so high. The other guy had me outchipped by 15,000 but the blinds were 5,000/10,000. I got QQ on the first HU hand and won. I folded the next hand and then got QQ again. After the hand was over, he was down to 35,000 chips and wanted to chop. I offered him $50 over 2nd place money and he accepted.

I like this tourney although the atmosphere at the Nugget is much more enjoyable. If you can make it to the Orleans, they still have some of the better tournies.