Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Re: 20/40 - incorrect fold

[ QUOTE ]
"i also think the preflop raise is incorrect"

I now officially wonder if you even play poker. Are you perhaps related to Turning Stone Pro?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOOL. But remember, TSP is a self-anointed "shorthanded expert," ass whippings from Jay aside.

Dan
Old 12-27-2004, 10:00 PM

Default Your a dork

No one is going to tell you to fold the second nut flush in a limit game.....You must have known this....You played the hand just fine, and there is really nothing we can help you with......

This hand is going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it. You are going to flop the second nuts and be beaten by a tight player who flopped the nuts.....You are going to call it down almost every time. If you ever DO lay a hand like this down, it will be because you are 100% sure that you are beaten, and you will never ask anyone for advice on how you played it, because you will know, just like you know your own name, that you made the correct laydown.....

Please don't change hands to make it more interesting/debatable/controversial for us.....The advice you'll get won't help your game, and it is a waste of time for us....
Old 12-27-2004, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Your a dork

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it. You are going to flop the second nuts and be beaten by a tight player who flopped the nuts.....You are going to call it down almost every time. If you ever DO lay a hand like this down, it will be because you are 100% sure that you are beaten, and you will never ask anyone for advice on how you played it, because you will know, just like you know your own name, that you made the correct laydown.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your analogy here and I do agree.

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't change hands to make it more interesting/debatable/controversial for us.....The advice you'll get won't help your game, and it is a waste of time for us....

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with changing a hand a bit *if* I could have played that hand in that fashion.

And please stay away from name calling. It shows very little class. Ego's always seem inflated on an internet forum. Debate, disagree, agree, but don't insult please.

Thank you.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:29 AM

I guess we don't agree on the changing the hands....I think that all of us *could* have played many hands a little differently, but we don't....that's what makes poker poker....in the heat of battle we make our choices and while we can look back and say "yeah, I could have" we didn't, so I don't think it's correct to say that you are fully capable of playing the hand differently...

As to the title of my post, I was 100% kidding around.....Just wanted to grab your attention [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess we don't agree on the changing the hands....I think that all of us *could* have played many hands a little differently, but we don't....that's what makes poker poker....in the heat of battle we make our choices and while we can look back and say "yeah, I could have" we didn't, so I don't think it's correct to say that you are fully capable of playing the hand differently...

As to the title of my post, I was 100% kidding around.....Just wanted to grab your attention [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Alex, I understand what you are saying.

And you are a bigger dork. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: 20/40 - Huge laydown with a flopped flush. Foolish?

horrible laydown.. I can't believe you think it's alright to laydown that hand with that pot. How do you know this isn't the hand that that "very passive" is gonna step it up and try and bluff you out of a pot. Or bet his small flush or two pair or trips for value against your AA he thinks you have. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I layed that hand down.