Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 02:27 AM

Default Shame on the Eagles

The Eagles should be embarassed. That was not a football game, it was a black mark on the NFL. I hated the Eagles before, but I hope they lose in the first round now.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Shame on the Eagles

they were resting the best players. This game didnt matter to them.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:34 AM

Thank you Dr. Science...

That is exactly my point. A lot of fans pay a lot of money to see teams try and win. The Eagles sold out thier fans.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Dr. Science...

That is exactly my point. A lot of fans pay a lot of money to see teams try and win. The Eagles sold out thier fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their fans want to see them in the Super Bowl. That should be their main concern.

And I just lost my fantasy bowl needing only 28 points from Westbrook and McNabb.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:40 AM

What about the fans of teams like New Orleans and Carolina who are fighting for thier playoff lives? They play hard every game only to see the Eagles hand the Rams a win on a silver platter. Its just plain embarassing for the Eagles and for the league.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the fans of teams like New Orleans and Carolina who are fighting for thier playoff lives?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any team that has to have some help and only squeak into the playoffs at the end of the year doesn't deserve to be there in the first place. New Orleans and Carolina has no one to blame but themselves. If they would have put the W's on the board, they wouldn't be in this situation.

Obviously you support one of these teams. It's just foolish for the Eagles to play to win that game with starters when they have nothing to gain, but everything to lose.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously you support one of these teams

[/ QUOTE ]

This couldn't be further from the truth. For the record, I live and die by the fortunes of the Ravens. I not only don't cheer for either of these teams, I strongly dislike them.

[ QUOTE ]
Any team that has to have some help and only squeak into the playoffs at the end of the year doesn't deserve to be there in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like the uh... RAMS?
Old 12-28-2004, 03:00 AM

it is sort of messed up because the NFC wild card is still wide open, as is the NFC west. Philly just screwed over a bunch of teams, but oh well, Philly is looking out for themselves, which is fine.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any team that has to have some help and only squeak into the playoffs at the end of the year doesn't deserve to be there in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kinda of thinking always annoys me...

If a team wins in week 1 and loses in week 17 and barely makes the playoffs they "backed in"

If they lose in week 1 and win in week 17 and barely makes the playoffs they "earned" a spot.

Teams make the playoffs based on their record for the ENTIRE SEASON in relation to the other teams and those team's records for the ENTIRE SEASON.... not what happens in the final week or two...
Old 12-28-2004, 04:05 AM

This is ridiculous. All NFL teams do this. It happens every year after a team has clinched all they can get. You will see a few teams doing the same thing next week. It is NORMAL and has gone on for years. Where have you been? There is nothing wrong with preparing for the playoffs.

If I was an Eagles fan, I would be more upset if they played the starters when they didn't have to and got somebody injured.

That sure would be smart. Lets blow out our QBs knee in a meaningless game so we will be crippled come playoff time. I'm sure that's what Philidelphia fans want. No, if you have the opportunity, you rest your players and do not chance any injuries. Anything else is just plain stupid.

The league should not be "embarassed", because this is a normal practice that makes sense to everyone. Well... it makes sense to most rational people. You are putting the importance of players bodies and playoff chances BELOW the importance of a spectators enjoyment. That is incredibly juvenile and selfish.
I have nothing else to say on this matter.