Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Bad Beat Contest......

[ QUOTE ]
I read that in high school. I ain't doing it again.

It took me years to stop taking conspiracy theories so seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. But I don't think Wilson is serious.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:43 AM

Same here. But I don't think Wilson is serious.

Yeah, but I was a little too naive to figure out what was satire and what was nudge-nudging with the facts and what was just entirely insane in the whole "sex and drugs and Adam Weishaupt" business.

So young. So earnest. So stupid.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:05 AM

I have JTs in MP1. I limp, as do 3 other players. Flop comes down 8 9 Q two of my suit. Capped, turn brings a 9. 2 players drop out and its heads up and capped again. River is an ace. I bet he raises and I call, fearing aces. That's exactly what he has.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:52 PM

Default With all due respect.

I wouldn't call getting beat by pocket A's a bad beat.

[ QUOTE ]
I have JTs in MP1. I limp, as do 3 other players. Flop comes down 8 9 Q two of my suit. Capped, turn brings a 9. 2 players drop out and its heads up and capped again. River is an ace. I bet he raises and I call, fearing aces. That's exactly what he has.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2004, 03:33 PM

I've read through, these are my 4 favorites:

1.Let me tell u a non bad beat i got it was scary pre flop i 200nl game i raised 8 pre flop i had pocket 9's flop comes out 678 of spades i have 9 of spades. ok i check to see what he will do now dont say this bad move cuz all night this player has been telling exactly what hand he has after flop he chekcs next card out a 9 he checks i and i bet 9 after 15 he calls next card comes out 9 he fast checks i move all in and he calls me with his 5 4 of spades to beat me with a straight flush. lol cute but not funny.2.I submit this story, because it is a bad beat story unique to the internet. I was playing an SnG while visiting my parents over thanksgiving. My mom was bothering me to get a pot down off a high shelf, so she could start getting dinner ready. I wait for my BB and click sit out before seeing my hand and hurry to get the pot hoping I won't miss anything. At this particular website, it will not fold your BB automatically if you sit out, but will check/fold. I hurry to the kitchen, and she has me move a couple of other things around and get something out of the oven. By the time I get back, the action is 2 away from me and I have QQ on a board of KQQ with 3 people already all in (apparently it was only called preflop and then the SB checked the flop). I didn't get the sit out unclicked fast enough and watched as I auto-fold quad queens when I could have busted three other players. The pot ended up being split between 2 people with King rag playing 2 pair with the turn card as a kicker and a flush draw getting busted. I still went on to win the SnG, so I guess it didn't really matter that much, but it was painful to watch at the time.3.I actually have 2 and they both happened in the last 2 weeks. 10-20 B&M First, I hold AA utg, I raise, sb calls. everyone else folds. Flop is A J 7 rainbow. I bet, he calls. Turn is J. I bet, he calls. River is J. He bets. He has J 9. Second also 10 20 B&M. I hold KQo in BB. Button raises. I am only caller. I guess I should have folded too. Flop is Kc Kd Qc. I check. Button bets. I call. Turn 7d. I check, button checks. Turn is Ac. I bet, Button raises. we raise each other 5 times. He holds AA. Ouch. He tells me if I had checked raised on the flop he would have folded. Why would I want him to fold?4.Sometimes you post something really dumb that you thought was funny so you have to change it immediately.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same cards, same flop.
Flop capped. Turn is a Q. Turn capped. River is a 9. I check/fold.

-d
Old 12-07-2004, 07:22 PM

you don't think he could be overplaying AA or KK 1 time in 14 here (or possibly more, but the pot's at least that big)? I think you have to call that river for one more bet.

Back to the topic, I put one outer bad beats on two people in a tournament once. Both times we both had pocket pairs, both times his was higher, both times sets on the flop, both times all the money goes in with me having one out to quads, and both times I hit it on the river.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:45 PM

Once I was rubbing one off and it was sfer's mom.

oh, wrong thread, sorry....
Old 12-07-2004, 07:48 PM

I liked the hijacking better. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2004, 05:29 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]