Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Does PP really have some of the best SNG players in the World?

If there is a rake then i think that it is definately "likely" to be true. While 1 major fish may be enough to support 9 good players at a table, i doubt that the 10th best player in the world would be such a fish, he wouldn't be in enough hands to feed the table so some higher players will also have to lose.
Without the rake i twould think that the 6th and 7th best players in the world would break even with the 8-10th losing and the 1-5th winners.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:04 PM

Assuming the 10 best players are close in skill, then over time if they all sat at the same table they would probably all end up losers to the rake.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, now, hold on....if the 9th, 8th, 7th, 3rd and 2nd best SNG players didn't realize that we all descended from the BLACK MAN OF AFRICA, then I think the 10th best player has a shot at winning some money here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides, the tenth best player is really the world's best player who just had to move up limits to get away from the constant suckouts.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not only that the 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th, and 5th best players in the world would likely lose money as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not necessarilly true...

well, now, hold on....if the 9th, 8th, 7th, 3rd and 2nd best SNG players didn't realize that we all descended from the BLACK MAN OF AFRICA, then I think the 10th best player has a shot at winning some money here.

I mean, how can he not??

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is funny [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Why do people even respond to Desdia? He never believes anything people post and it will eventually get him started on some tangent about Africa. It's alot like talking to a 2 year old, you have to keep explaining things over and over again, except eventually the 2 year old will learn and begin to comprehend common sense ideas. Des on the other hand will never ever understand and will continue to try and spread his delusional ideas about poker and the beginning of man.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:37 PM

Would anyone like to set up a game with myself and 4 of whom I want to take to battle from stars, and 4 of the PP group that play the 200's...Daliman, Strassa, and 2 others. I can set up a private single table. I just would like to see how well the "worlds best" play. Its not about who wins or loses, the level of play can be established/realized in 10 or so sit and goes. Could be fun.
I had watched the histories posted by Daliman and it was eerily, actually downright scary how close our styles are. I would like to get a chance to play with him and some of the others...
Old 11-11-2004, 07:59 PM

To be completely fair, Desdia hasn't at any point mentioned Africa or anything to do with race in this thread. That's being brought on by you. One hopes he'll choose not to respond in kind, but rather to debate his point, if he wants.

Personally, I feel, and I think the majority of other money making poker players feel, that there is really very little place for bravado in poker. You try to maximize your earn. The goal of the game, after all, is to make money. Thus, even the best player in the world should pass on some games, and take better gambles that are readily available to him, as I pointed out earlier in the thread.

citanul
Old 11-11-2004, 09:07 PM

Was that complete hand historys ?
Where did you find them ?
Old 11-11-2004, 11:13 PM

Ok if you don't believe me just wait, every single thread where I've seen him post eventually becomes about the origin of man. He will also continue to argue that the best players in the world should seek each other out despite everyone else believing otherwise.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:07 AM

Default no thanks, citanul, my copy of TOP will be staying up in the...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious Desdia...

No smart poker player is going to search out the best competition and play them day in and day out. There is no prizefor being the best broke poker player in the world, as someone else put it. Think about it there are about 2 places in the world to play SNGs Stars and Party, and the high level Star's ones don't run often enough to matter. Ask yourself this then where are the best SNG players going to be playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did'nt say that you had to go searching for anybody; however, to say "i avoid tables where x-amount of good players are seated" definitely shows your intention to avoid playing players who are good. if you can't play against and hold your own against even the "supposed" best
players, how do you consider yourself one of the "best"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Des,

I think that everyone in the world does this. Even the "best in the world." Chip Reese walks in one day and sees the lineup at the big game contains not a single whale or sucker, I'm thinking he might consider not playing that game that day.

A big factor in being the best at poker or close to it is game selection. Why play against the other 9 best players in the world with a ROI of 15% or 20% if you could pick your game and play against 9 terrible players with an ROI of 30%?

It is in the nature of the best poker players in the world to duck strong competition, een competition they have an advantage over, because they have other gambles available to them that have greater expectation.

If you don't understand that, you didn't read Theory of Poker. You might want to go over some of those "commonsense" applications.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

top of the hallway closet with the umbrella and Christmas wrapping paper. i've read several passages in books and online about table selection so i'm not ignorant to it. even still, i don't equate savvy table selection and avoiding other good players with being one of the "best". as stated earlier, that may garner you a steady flow of poker income but that's all i see. if people want to point out or argue which approach earns more ROI (playing against the "best" vs. playing against average to mediocre [who have money to lose]) that's one thing but to say the latter approach makes you one of the "best in the World" is a entirely different matter.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Best Players on the INTERNET

[ QUOTE ]
There is a huge difference between the internet and live games. People can't see your expressions over the net unlike in a live game. Psychology and tells are a huge part of live poker. How many times are you jumping around your chair while during a hand on the internet? Those things won't fly live, so I believe that PP has the best players on the INTERNET not in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you wanna say, "has the best players on the INTERNET", you singling them [PP players] out and disregarding good SNG players on other sites. thinking that players on one site are "the best in the World" is only an opinion, it's not a fact.