Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: How can I get my affiliate my rake information?!?

The SUMMARY tab shows info for ALL hands, whether played or observed. The rakeback amount from this tab should be GROSSLY EXAGERATED, unless you NEVER observe tables without playing at them. The numbers are even skewed if you are playing and take a break (when you import the hands, you observed hands while on break are included).
Old 11-05-2004, 12:53 PM

Default CLC PLEASE READ

CLC,

Great Post! You left out one big little detail.

What the hell do you do with all that information.

Example:

I'm not an affliate but I receive rakeback from an affliate.

If I want to check what he is paying me what do I do after I get that screen up (I'm able to do this).

Let's say for simplicity I receive 20% kickback.

Do I take the number in:
[ QUOTE ]
Total rake collected (this amount is at the bottom of the "net" column)

[/ QUOTE ]

and multiply it by 0.2 and expect to receive this amount as a payment?
Old 11-05-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Re: How can I get my affiliate my rake information?!?

WHY
Old 11-05-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Re: CLC PLEASE READ

For each game level played:

# raked hands X avg rake per hand / avg # plyrs X rakeback % = rakeback due for that game level
Old 11-05-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Thanks N/M

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:05 PM

Default a different method

[ QUOTE ]
For each game level played:

# raked hands X avg rake per hand / avg # plyrs X rakeback % = rakeback due for that game level

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the way I used to estimate my rake back, but for reason in Oct this calculation resulted in a number that was about 20% higher than the amount I actually received from my affiliate. Without naming names, my guy is reputable and I trust him 100%, so I was certain he was giving me what he got from the site.

When I told him how I estimated the numbers (like CLC formulated), my affiliate showed me a much simpler method. And that is this.

In the summary tab, (not sure about the exact column names b/c I don't have PT on this computer), for each level, there is total rake, and avg players. If you divide total rake by avg players, this should get you your share of the revenue. Take this number and multiply by the rake deal %.

When I did this, I got close to the number I actually received. It seems both methods should work out pretty close to each other... Any insights into why the method mentioned by CLC should come out 20% higher?
Old 11-05-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Re: a different method

See my reply to the post below. The information that I am relaying came from discussions with Pat, PT's creator.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See my reply to the post below. The information that I am relaying came from discussions with Pat, PT's creator.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're referring to the "Summary Tab" discussion that says hands played in summary tab is higher... this figure doesn't come into play because the method I used last month doesn't use the number of hands played... It only uses total rake divided by avg players. It seems this method is more straight forward, but I just can't see why the two methods don't jive.

Just to summarize, your method (and the method I used to use) is:

rake back % * numer of hands played * avg rake / avg players

The method I used in Oct is:

rake back % * tot rake / avg players,

where tot rake = number of hands played * avg rake

The first method resulted in a 20% higher rake number. For hands played number, I used the number in the general tab. Is the hands played number in general tab including the hands I was dealt out? If that's the case, then it does make sense that the first method gave me a higher estimate.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:14 PM

Uh, you can't use the Summary tab unless you NEVER import hands you didn't actually play in. If you ever "observe" a hand these are included in the summary tab. If you could use the summary tab, I'd be demanding rake back for every game going on Party right now and forever more.

Why? Let's say you only play in or observe tables that have 10 players. The AVG number of players would be 10. The total rake would be the SUM of the rake for every hand you played in and every hand you did not play in. You can't get rake back for hands you did not play. Let's say the total rake of hands you played in is $1000. The total rake of hands you played in and did not play in could be whatever, we'll say $2000. Both are divided by 10, since you only played/observed tables with 10 players. Therefore your rake is $100 and using the Summary tab, you come up with $200. $100 and $200 = Big difference.

The Game Notes tab only contains hands you played in and therefore only the rake you are entitled to receive a percentage of.

The formula should be the same for both tabs (if you so choose to use the Summary tab anyway). That formula is (Total Rake DIVIDED BY Average number of players) TIMES the percentage you get back. For example, ($1000/10)*.25 = $25. This must be done for EACH level. Why? Because if you play 6-max tables and full tables, you can't compute your rake back for a six-max table if the Average number of playrs is above 6 (which it very well could be if you're including full tables). Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Johnny.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, you can't use the Summary tab unless you NEVER import hands you didn't actually play in. If you ever "observe" a hand these are included in the summary tab. If you could use the summary tab, I'd be demanding rake back for every game going on Party right now and forever more.

Why? Let's say you only play in or observe tables that have 10 players. The AVG number of players would be 10. The total rake would be the SUM of the rake for every hand you played in and every hand you did not play in. You can't get rake back for hands you did not play.

The Game Notes tab only contains hands you played in and therefore only the rake you are entitled to receive a percentage of.

The formula should be the same for both tabs. That formula is (Total Rake DIVIDED BY Average number of players) TIMES the percentage you get back. This must be done for EACH level. Why? Because if you play 6-max tables and full tables, you can't compute your rake back for a six-max table if the Average number of playrs is above 6 (which it very well could be if you're including full tables). Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Johnny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand all this... I also understand you need to do this for each level first and add up the results. I also understand that the summary tab includes the hands I sat out on... which confuses me even more because I got closer to the actual rake back when I used the numbers from the summary tab.

When I used CLC's method, I got a higher than actual rake back. When I used my affiliate's method (tot rake / avg players) from the summary tab, which includes observed hands, I got a lower and closer to the actual rake back... When this method was suggested to me by my affiliate I didn't realize that the summary tab includes observed hands.

Once I get home I will re-do the math. I hoping I missed something. Let's end this thread here because I understand what the math is... It's just that I'm confused on what numbers to use.