Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Re: The best result for America.

Based on the disappearance of Rumsfeld from view and the softening of Cheney, I predict that there will be an immediate and marked moderation in the Bush government. All of the exposure of their blunders, which right now seem like political tricks by their opponents, will become simple facts of history.

This won't prevent them from restocking the judiciary or smoothing the regulatory road for various buddies, but we will see far less beligerence on the international front, I suspect. Somebody's got to pay the tab on Iraq. We certainly can't do it.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:59 AM

Is anyone worried that since Bush no longer has to worry about reelection in the coming 4 years, his war mongering will increase at an unprecedented rate? I feel that politics may have kept his administration's military agenda in check to a point. However, he now has much less to lose.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:01 AM

I thought that was the major fear among those that didn't want bush re-elected. Or maybe not "the" major fear, but a major concern. i know that is one thing i am very fearful of. but, i don't trust anybody who has power with nothing to lose.

craig
Old 11-03-2004, 07:12 AM

I think many politicians are very concerned with the concept of legacy. This is probably what keeps most presidents from kicking back and saying what the hell when they get their second term. They want a nice library. Normally I'd think this might keep a potentially dangerous president in check. With Bush, however, I'm very afraid that he imagines his legacy from a primarily militaristic point of view (like Alexander the Great or Ceasar) which might cause him to become even more warlike and narrowminded in the coming years.