Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 08:33 PM

Default Re: A harsh but honest message to all 2+2\'ers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
haha, I can just picture this troll laughing his as off as he sits there pretending Michael Knight, Arnold Drummond, and Kit are an awesome triple header.

Troll. You are going to have to tone the gay down a bit, it is becoming unrealistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel an overwhelming sense of responsibility to respond to each poster for whatever reason but this man is taking me as a joke...for the record...i love different strokes...i loved knight rider and i loved kit michael knight aronld (jackson or drummond as explained before willis (jackson or drummond) Mr. drummond and the whole bunch...the words of wisdom are in the theme to Different strokes my boys..

Everybodys got a special kind of story
Everybody finds a way to shiiiiiiiiiiiine
But no matter what you got
Its not alot in this world
Hell have his
Youll have yours
And Ill have mine
and together well be fine
Cause it takes Different strokes to move the world
yes it does
it takes different strokes to move the woooooooorld

kinda like our chips at the table...he'll have his, youll have yours and ill have mine, and together MEN...WELL BE FINE...pop culture...i love it...life lessons in a show i used to watch while eating Trix cereal...my heart is overflowing with emotion

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence, here is some advice: Put down the crack pipe, take a deep breath and relax, put everything into perspective.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think pop culture (i.e. Tv radio movies and the like) are good references for real life situations...thats why i defend richard dawson, quote michael jackson, and reference the british version of family feud.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good example of what is wrong in the US today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know the majority of the US watched the British version of family feud! This man seems very down in the dumps...to cheer you up I will tap into more of my "worst answers ever" from the classic gameshow.

Name something you leave on all night----->Answer: your shoes
Name something you've always wanted to try but never had the nerve to do-----> Take a mudbath
Name a fruit that is red--->An Orange
Name a state that is known for its warm weather----> Alaska

These are actual answers in the lightning round people!...i know i have cheered you up sir...before you were berating family feud saying its all thats wrong with the world but now you are laughing, even possibly having an asthma attack from the hilarity(i hope you dont have asthma sir!)... richard dawson is a fine pop culture reference...give him a chance...all i am sayyyying is give Richard dawson (and peace too) a chance....all i am sayyyyying is give Richard Dawson a chance (and peace too) a chance...all i am sayyyyying is give Richard Dawson a chance (and peace too) a chance
Old 11-03-2004, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the internet will never be totally rudeness and stupidity-free, but that's no reason to celebrate that behavior or assert that it's actually productive in any way whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious to me that rudeness serves a crucial function within online communities as a limit on unchecked growth and a kind of selection pressure that can help maintain a healthy signal to noise ratio in message traffic, assbreath.

/mc
Old 11-03-2004, 08:58 PM

LOL.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:32 AM

for those of you who read this and it came off as a joke and nothing more think again. getting kicked around by the superior players/posters here made me tougher and taught me that serious poker is a big boys game full of obnoxious pricks like snakehead. and im all the better for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

honest evaluation...unfortunately my fear is that the more i hang around the poker players who are 'pricks and snakeheads' i have a fear i will morph into one...you are only a product of your environment...to all...lets make poker a sport of grace, like golf or polo...not some game played by run-down gamblers in New York city cellars looked down upon

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your enthusiasm for wanting to give poker a better image. However, in order to be a successful player one must have a killer instinct. The reality of the situation is that you will not find any player worth his salt that doesn't have an intense hellfire that burns deeply within themselves. Good players are called sharks for a reason, because much like a shark they prey upon lesser beings. It is because of this that poker will never have a reputation similar to golf or polo.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good players are called sharks for a reason, because much like a shark they prey upon lesser beings. It is because of this that poker will never have a reputation similar to golf or polo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think the quality you are describing is necessary for playing any game at a high level whether it's poker, golf, scrabble or charades. I also think that this stylized and hyper-attenuated form of the human instinct to kill one's enemies and/or prey (which is to actual lethal enmity what opium is to poppy seeds) is not incompatible with a conscientious adherence to courtesy, etiquette, and decorum, cuntmuffin.

/mc
Old 11-04-2004, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for those of you who read this and it came off as a joke and nothing more think again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. I'm not saying it's impossible for someone to think 2+2 is too tough, but this guys isn't one of them.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poker is after all a full contact sport [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is when Klingons play.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lawrence, all I can do at this point is hope that I've done nothing to detract from your enjoyment. If I have, I humbly apologize and hope that you will forgive me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and gentlemen, if you all are dignified enough to receive that title, here is a man of honor and integrity...see quote above. Thank you for that Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My Monarchs, I have done advanced research on this thread to substantiate my claims...2+2 should be a place of reason, logic, a forum of advanced ideas, a dialectic of sorts, for all young and old to have amicable exchanges. That is my 2+2 Utopia. But now i must implicate someone. Unfortunately it is because of individuals like "Lawrence Ng" that this site is brought down to the decrepid dregs of online forums. You all have seen the posts he posted on my site(derogatory)...now let me show you a thread from others...

The Texas Holdem index "My Worst Bad Beat Ever"
here is the following opening thread and answer from Lawrence.

Quote:

what is the worst bad beat that you have ever taken? please share. mine was when i had TT and the flop came ten high. on a cash game, a loose player called my all in(a large one) with bottom pair and a 6 high backdoor flush draw with 8 6 ... i was mad...

This is such a serious injustice. Did you tell the cardroom manager that perhaps this player was cheating? Or maybe this player had some psychic powers that could determine the outcome of the cards? I can't believe this. I've never in my years of playing cards seen a bad beat like this and I can only imagine what it must feel like for you. You have my deepest sympathies brother. I hope you will recover soon... May god have mercy on the suckout's soul.

FIN (French for the end of Ng Rudeness)

You see ladies and gentlemen, it is people like this that like to drag individuals down to their level. Granted the original post wasnt all that bad of a bad beat, but why defame, why insult, why patronize. I will not achieve my Poker Utopia if an attitude such as this thrives. What really bothers me is Mr. Ng's Cartoonish handle. It is Calvin. Perhaps Mr. Ng was a troubled youth, a Dennis the Menice of sorts, and he likes to role play online to imitate this childlike mentality. Mr. Ng, I have one question for you, where is your Hobbes?... Your Hobbes is noticeably missing? Perhaps, you are trying to tell everyone at 2+2 something is missing. Perhaps a bankroll, perhaps that extra skill at the table, even a new wardrobe as you stated earlier. What is missing, Mr. Ng, we here at 2+2 are reaching out to you, I am reaching out to you? As you know pop culture can help. Perhaps a few shows of Oprah, or her spinoff Dr. Phil. Maybe even Dr. Ruth if something is lacking in 'other' areas (she has a daily show on satellite radio). whatever it is there is a cure and when you receive the cure your kindness will overflow and we will all wear the white gloves of friendship here at 2+2..join me in the following song my 2+2's, we will be all the better for it.

"we are the world.....we are the children...we are the ones to make better day so lets start giving...we are the world ...we are the children ...we are the ones to make a better day just you and me"

Join us Ng, sing with us...when you are finished we will all embrace you...But for now Where is your tiger Calvin....where is your tiger????
Old 11-05-2004, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You see ladies and gentlemen, it is people like this that like to drag individuals down to their level. Granted the original post wasnt all that bad of a bad beat, but why defame, why insult, why patronize. I will not achieve my Poker Utopia if an attitude such as this thrives. What really bothers me is Mr. Ng's Cartoonish handle. It is Calvin. Perhaps Mr. Ng was a troubled youth, a Dennis the Menice of sorts, and he likes to role play online to imitate this childlike mentality. Mr. Ng, I have one question for you, where is your Hobbes?... Your Hobbes is noticeably missing? Perhaps, you are trying to tell everyone at 2+2 something is missing. Perhaps a bankroll, perhaps that extra skill at the table, even a new wardrobe as you stated earlier. What is missing, Mr. Ng, we here at 2+2 are reaching out to you, I am reaching out to you? As you know pop culture can help. Perhaps a few shows of Oprah, or her spinoff Dr. Phil. Maybe even Dr. Ruth if something is lacking in 'other' areas (she has a daily show on satellite radio). whatever it is there is a cure and when you receive the cure your kindness will overflow and we will all wear the white gloves of friendship here at 2+2..join me in the following song my 2+2's, we will be all the better for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am truly humbled by the length of this response. Truly.