Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 07:11 PM

Default Re: A harsh but honest message to all 2+2\'ers

[ QUOTE ]
What's the deal with the 'troll' comment? All i think of you is some sort of Gandalf looking creature from Lord of the rings trying to type with his staff. I have never been called a troll. I dont know if i should take offense. Am I on the wrong site. Is this 2+2.com or just 2+2.com masquerading as DungeonsandDragons.com...maybe its a compliment...if so thanks man!

[/ QUOTE ]

That lame cover job just dropped your grade to a low B. It'd be a C+, but you continually get replies.

You can still get an A, but I'd require at least a hundred total replies and no more lame replies.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:45 PM

Default Re: All I know is this.....

If I hadn't gotten ripped by some of the more "respected" posters on here (Diablo, mike l., Zee, Mason, Flynn, ML4L, scrub, Clark, Ed Miller, dynasty, turnipmonster, and several others (don't feel slighted, the list is too long and distinguished)) I wouldn't be half the player I am today.

It didn't offend me, I'm thankful this crew took time out of their day to respond to my post and rip me when it needed doing so. So, you want golf and polo status? Go play bridge with Lady Peabody on Saturday nights and have tea and scones. Because, poker is what it is. Its all about the money for the big boys. Competition is a very close second.

Have a nice day.

Bunky
Old 11-02-2004, 07:59 PM

Default Re: All I know is this.....

bunky-

you fcking suck

please feel free to add me to your next list
Old 11-02-2004, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the deal with the 'troll' comment? All i think of you is some sort of Gandalf looking creature from Lord of the rings trying to type with his staff. I have never been called a troll. I dont know if i should take offense. Am I on the wrong site. Is this 2+2.com or just 2+2.com masquerading as DungeonsandDragons.com...maybe its a compliment...if so thanks man!

[/ QUOTE ]

That lame cover job just dropped your grade to a low B. It'd be a C+, but you continually get replies.

You can still get an A, but I'd require at least a hundred total replies and no more lame replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know i was getting a grade!(please enlighten me...what is a troll?) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]...even if i get an F from you, but you are cordial in the poker room, my work here was well worth it...You see you are all beautiful people to me...sort of like the monarch butterfly...you start out as a larve slithering around on your bellies picking off newbies like larvae eat leaves off trees...poker is a mean game, a game of mopes, cheaters and duplicitous beings..then you become fat and move on to the higher limit games slowing down your play till you get only premium hands...your belly is big young larvae, you are well fed with winnings...finally you become frustrated with a losing streak and you just want to roll up into a a big ball and die even quit the game...that bastard(excuse my french (its not really french but ferris bueller calls curses 'french' in ferris beuller's day off)) caught a runner runner backdoor straight on you cracked your pocket aces and he should die...(yes thats right! you guessed it! your in the cacoon at this point)...but then as i would like to see it, and the whole purpose of this post for me, is that you emerge from your cacoon a beautiful monarch butterfly ready to spread your wings...you love the game, you dont see it as a seedy experience trying to steal peoples money but a game of wits and expertise...before you know it, your bankroll is large and you are ready to fly off into the sunset...fly monarch butterfly, fly as high as you can!...perhaps you think this post is dripping with sarcasm...its not...i want you to engage in a METAMORPHASIS (treat that as the 'Word of the day' from Chairy on Pee-Wee's Playhouse...tap into your youth butterflys, you remember chairy the talking light blue chair)...and when your metamorphasis is finished you will see me in the poker room...wave to me..and graciously thank me for giving you a new perspective on how to treat this wonderful sport...we are men of grace, men of honor...the few, the proud, the poker players (no disrespect to our armed forces...we love you)
Old 11-02-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Re: to sublime

I still love you buddy. In a manly sort of way.

But......

I'll add you to the list when you stop folding to my ever loving turn checkraises like a little girl. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Have a nice day. Shoot me a PM sometime.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:05 PM

I'll add you to the list when you stop folding to my ever loving turn checkraises like a little girl.

lol, do you have me mixed up with another sublime? i dont think we have ever been in a hand together.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

We'll some poker players are mopes who raking in more money than some Wall Street brokers can right now..so who's the mope?

But that's the problem right? You see everything on the outside. Ironically perception blinds you to the truth. If you learn to filter through the junk, you will find a vast array of information on this board that is literally money in your pockets.

Personally, I don't give a 2 cents rats butt about what you or society thinks about me. I'm a cable engineer by profession and I work outside in the cold, rain, sun, snow. I work in dirty conditions, and though my work isn't very labourous, it's kinda physical. And there's not a day that I don't love it. I drive an older beat up van, and my clothes are sloppy and I look like a bum most of the time. But I contribute a lot to society, 95 percent of my customers are happy to see me, and I get very well to do what I love. On top of that I have a wonderful investment in poker that makes me almost as much money as I do on my job. When I go out with my friends I don't have to worry about paying or whether or not the meal is too much. I don't have to worry about whether or not I can afford Canucks season tickets (though the NHL is on strike!!! FAGS!). In short, I'm financially happy and I don't give a [censored] about what society perceives about me and my beat up van and my bum looks!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Your post seriously pisses me off because you come here with a very biased view about the posters on this board, the way you think this board should be run without having even having perhaps probably doing enough reading first. You focus heavily on the negatives of this board, but fail to realize there's a lot of gold in this pile of dirt.

Go back to your false sense of image where you think pretending to be cool and popular still will make you happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Young engineer, I dont want to search for gold...i want gold to be handed to me..i love 2+2 ...but as i said, after reading post after post the attitudes of regulars (who are mainly at fault here) started degenerating like an old pumpkin being eaten away after being left in cold for a month after halloween...i dont want that anymore...i want love and kindness...a brotherly responsibility to each poker player without harsh criticism...me and you will have to work on this wardrobe business...to be taken seriously as men of sport, we cannot look slovenly...i'd be happy to provide you with some armani/exchange top and slacks ideas for your new look...as a matter of fact...tune into E! Entertainments, "The Look for Less" tonight at ten..its hosted by Elisabeth Hasselback (wife of Matt Hasselback of the Seattle Seahawks)...she with CORDIALLY present you with some new wardrobe ideas...dont take offense..i think of you no less as a man or a poker player just because you dont dress neat as you admitted...I just think that if we are going to "wear the white gloves" in unison we must be dressed appropriately to do so...no more phil hellmuth windbreakers with an old black beat up polo hat...no, my fellow poker players will make the cover of Cosmopolitan (if your a woman) and the inside flap if your a man
Old 11-02-2004, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, I can just picture this troll laughing his as off as he sits there pretending Michael Knight, Arnold Drummond, and Kit are an awesome triple header.

Troll. You are going to have to tone the gay down a bit, it is becoming unrealistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel an overwhelming sense of responsibility to respond to each poster for whatever reason but this man is taking me as a joke...for the record...i love different strokes...i loved knight rider and i loved kit michael knight aronld (jackson or drummond as explained before willis (jackson or drummond) Mr. drummond and the whole bunch...the words of wisdom are in the theme to Different strokes my boys..

Everybodys got a special kind of story
Everybody finds a way to shiiiiiiiiiiiine
But no matter what you got
Its not alot in this world
Hell have his
Youll have yours
And Ill have mine
and together well be fine
Cause it takes Different strokes to move the world
yes it does
it takes different strokes to move the woooooooorld

kinda like our chips at the table...he'll have his, youll have yours and ill have mine, and together MEN...WELL BE FINE...pop culture...i love it...life lessons in a show i used to watch while eating Trix cereal...my heart is overflowing with emotion
Old 11-02-2004, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still love you buddy. In a manly sort of way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you two like get a room please?
Old 11-02-2004, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pop culture (i.e. Tv radio movies and the like) are good references for real life situations...thats why i defend richard dawson, quote michael jackson, and reference the british version of family feud.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good example of what is wrong in the US today.

If you feel that you need to crusade, then there are much better causes where you can focus your attention. But if "pop culture" is a guiding factor, then any crusade upon which you may embark is a lost cause anyway.