Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 07:52 AM

Default Re: A harsh but honest message to all 2+2\'ers

poker is after all a full contact sport [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2004, 09:51 AM

1) I Agree
2) I Agree

Until "Lawrence" can separate his feelings from his game, he will not be a winning player. Plain and simple. That's one of the first things I learned from this site.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:53 AM

There was a thread probably 6 months ago where people said the place was getting too friendly, particulary the Limit forums where some of the older posters stated when they were novices they would have new arses ripped by the then regulars when posting badly played hands, rather than taking offense they looked at the advice learned from it and I assume became better players.

This is the internet you have to get a thick skin and a big bullshit detector to survive. I understand Astroglide sells them along with his Pattern Map products, I suggest you purchase both.

In the main this place is pretty friendly and will help people, but when newbies post stupid stuff they will get the replies they deserve.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but i like reading about poker, certain hands, theory, and the like

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its almost like i dont want to read the posts anymore..

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So please, just answer the question and stop being defamatory so i can read something civil and dignified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence, all I can do at this point is hope that I've done nothing to detract from your enjoyment. If I have, I humbly apologize and hope that you will forgive me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies and gentlemen, if you all are dignified enough to receive that title, here is a man of honor and integrity...see quote above. Thank you for that Diablo.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"if you were a good player you'd be tough enough to take it."

for those of you who read this and it came off as a joke and nothing more think again. getting kicked around by the superior players/posters here made me tougher and taught me that serious poker is a big boys game full of obnoxious pricks like snakehead. and im all the better for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

honest evaluation...unfortunately my fear is that the more i hang around the poker players who are 'pricks and snakeheads' i have a fear i will morph into one...you are only a product of your environment...to all...lets make poker a sport of grace, like golf or polo...not some game played by run-down gamblers in New York city cellars looked down upon
Old 11-01-2004, 11:18 AM

we have a great bunch of people posting and reading here. poker players are individualists. and thats that. i wouldnt want to change any of them. carry on fellas and girls.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of all the posts you respond to, you choose to berate the guy for choosing a pic with Richard Dawson.

the problem with 2+2 isn't that people are mean. It's that you are an idiot.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I like richard dawson. I grew up watching family feud. He appears to be a nice and gracious man and would never choose the heinous acronym posted earlier (i.e. STFU) when he goes to the 'survey!'...speaking of surveys...

Richard to Frank: Tell me something that is rude and ignorant
Frank: the majority of members on 2+2 poker
Richard: SURVEY SAYS!....:::Bing:::
RIchard: Thats the number one answer Frank! Have a lollipop.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:36 AM

My feeling about this site is that people tend to get the kind of treatment they deserve.

The vast majority of new posters are welcomed and treated well. There are a few that are not and that is usually because they come in with a certain attitude that people object to. They usually start out by telling us how much money they have made online, that they have a safe full of cash, or some such nonsense.

Sometimes posters insist on holding on to some ideas about poker that are very wrong. You have to be very blunt with them.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...lets make poker a sport of grace, like golf or polo...not some game played by run-down gamblers in New York city cellars looked down upon

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony here is that both of these sports have been holdouts in terms of equal female participation and class distinction.

I do understand what you are suggesting, but it's like trying to make a turkey fly. It's just not in the cards. Poker is about money. It's about taking other people's money and not giving your money to them. It's not about white gloves and tea on Sunday.

-Diplomat
Old 11-01-2004, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but i like reading about poker, certain hands, theory, and the like

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its almost like i dont want to read the posts anymore..

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So please, just answer the question and stop being defamatory so i can read something civil and dignified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence, all I can do at this point is hope that I've done nothing to detract from your enjoyment. If I have, I humbly apologize and hope that you will forgive me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies and gentlemen, if you all are dignified enough to receive that title, here is a man of honor and integrity...see quote above. Thank you for that Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect you may need a sarcasm and Irony detector as well. Unless mine is faulty.