Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Holy Crap (Bad Beats Do Happen In Live Play)

Figured I would post a live bad beat for those who think it just happens online.

I was dealt red KK on button. BB is 15 at the time and I raise to 70. BB calls me. Flop is 10 2 7. BB checks I bet 100 he calls. Turn is a Q. I bet 200 he calls. River is a 10. He bets minimum and I call. He flips 10 3 o/s. 3 Tens beats K's and 10's. I must admit I was unhappy inside but it does show that any idiot can get lucky whether online or live.

I broke him later when he chased a flush and missed. He tried to bluff me out but I called with my top pair. I had watched him chase and hit all night and I was just waiting for the opportunity. He finally made the mistake that did'nt work out and I took him.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Holy Crap (Bad Beats Do Happen In Live Play)

he had top pair there, it was retarded to call a bet with 10-3o... but what are you calling the raise for if you fold when you hit top pair on the board??

My worst beat Ive layed on someone is the following:

I have A4 offsuit shortstacked
Someone else has AK
Third guy has 44...

Both call my all in, and the flop comes 235 ... I was drawing to about no outs there, hah
Old 09-27-2004, 10:42 PM

Default Re: agreed

I just recently played my first live table game. I played horrible. Must of been nerves or something but anyways.....after playing for 5 hours and not even seeing a face card for 4 hours I see a flop with 79o when im on BB. flop comes 8 10 J. Figured I havent caught a hand in 4 hours and with the way things were going probably wouldn't see another one so I decided to slow play it. ALWAYS A HUGE MISTAKE and I know this(didnt care at this point wanted to leave). so i get the pot up to like 200 by the turn which was a 5 then river comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]...sigh only other guy in with me turned over Q with pointless kicker. so yes they do happen in real games and they suck even more.