Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Am i playing this type of hand too much?

ok, so I'm fairly new at this game , but I don't believe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm still a fish. I have probably played about 10,000 hands online so far. Before I purchased SSH I was down about $150 while playing all kinds of tables from ..5/1 to 5/10 and NL and PL. Since I purchased SSH I'm up $30, sticking to .5/1 tables. Although I recently took a stab at 1/2 and lost about 140 in 4 hrs [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], I went back to .5/1 and now stand at the Plus $30 overall.
So, to make a long story short, the following is typical of the hands I notice I lose 2 or 3 BB to often.
My question is , Is it unprofitable to play these hands at all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] , or am I going too far with them, and if so, how?
I'm at a table full of loose passive individuals , there are no LAG's , no maniacs , maybe one weak tight.
The weak tight (I think shes weak tight) is MP2.
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.25 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>
Old 09-22-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Am i playing this type of hand too much?

Couple things:

1 You probably should start posting you hands in the micro forum to get better responses.

2 With a middle position limper and it being heads up I probably don't raise with J high. I would make this raise from the BB if there were a bunch of limpers but with it being heads up and being out of position I would just check my option.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:04 PM

Small Pot... let it go brother. If she is weak tight then what will she limp with? A lot of hands you have a lot of catching up to do. Aggression is preached on this site and I agree, but you went to far on this one.

deke (aka BlindChippy)
Old 09-22-2004, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before I purchased SSH I was down about $150 while playing all kinds of tables from ..5/1 to 5/10 and NL and PL. Since I purchased SSH I'm up $30

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Crap what a turnaround [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. just kidding
you are definatly doing the right things to become a better player. Memorize SSHE and keep posting hands in the micro and small stakes forums and you'll be amazed at how fast you will become a winner.
btw, i think 1-2 is considered micro, and above that is Small Stakes. Im not positive though.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:46 PM

Nor-

You played *this* hand fine.

You will probably learn a lot better ig you just stick with one type of game for an extended period of time.