Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Who Is More Of A Man?

pc, I'd like to say that this is the response I would have liked to have typed if I could have thought of it. Very well put.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Very Funny Bison

I must admit, that is a very funny dialogue you wrote. Also I agree with everything you had me say. From that dialogue it is pretty clear I am punking that dude out because he is refusing to step outside.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Erostratus, so that we have a proper frame of reference, How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he allegedly has a fifteen year old girlfriend, he is either a teenager or a pedophile...or both. Hardly the big, tough man he portrays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 21. And I don't have delusions of being a big tough guy.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:37 PM

Default age, money, and violence?

i think somebody else commented on ero's age being a factor in his need for violence. so, i thought it would be interesting to find out your age and the line that needs to be crossed for you to throw punches (or kicks, or just throw the guy around). i'll also throw in family affluence for kicks, because i think it is a big factor. i'll start. out of posters in this thread, i certainly seem to be the easiest to anger, other than ero. i don't know if that is because everybody who has a quick temper is afraid to voice their opinion when everybody is so vehemently against violence, or if i am still very young. anyways, i would say that on a bad day, spitting on me might get you a punch in the face. i might also just spit back if i have a good amount of phlegm in my throat. on a good day, it would take a punch to start me fighting. i am 23 years old. also, i am from a middle class family.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: age, money, and violence?

I think age makes a huge difference, in my 20's when I used to drink, I was ready to Rock n Roll at the drop of a hat. I am 43 now and fighting seems like a terrible idea.

Violence is still an option but no longer the first one that comes to mind. I am not interested in what younger men would consider a fair fight. If the situation was extreme enough to use violence, I would take every advantage I could and do my best to stop the other party at all costs.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:43 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Erostratus, so that we have a proper frame of reference, How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he allegedly has a fifteen year old girlfriend, he is either a teenager or a pedophile...or both. Hardly the big, tough man he portrays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 21.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I knew it all at that age, too. Experience is a great teacher, to whom you will be introduced someday.

[ QUOTE ]
And I don't have delusions of being a big tough guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then that makes resorting to violence over verbal abuse from a stranger even more foolish. Using violence to defend yourself from violence is one thing, but using it out of a misguided sense of honor is simply stupid. You're really not proving your manhood or coolness.

-Mike
Old 09-18-2004, 04:53 PM

the bigger man is the one who lets it go. Watch Phil Ivey. Hes the man.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:57 PM

Almost any psychologist would tell you that the person who has to PROVE how tough he is has serious doubts about his own manliness.

Al
Old 09-18-2004, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am 21

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I knew it all at that age, too. Experience is a great teacher, to whom you will be introduced someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im one up on both of you. I know it all and I'm only 20 neener neener [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost any psychologist would tell you that the person who has to PROVE how tough he is has serious doubts about his own manliness.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't hear much manliess in this thread. A lot of what I heard reminded me of a young puppy trying to show his owner who the top dog is.