Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2005, 10:00 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default 23s ...I know, I know: Fold PF

Okay, so this is the first time i actually VPIP with 23s, but here is the scenario. Playing live 4/8(regular 8/16 and even the 5/10 games were full or closed)and it is literally 8-9 to every flop. One other semi decent regular is two seats to my left. The rest suck.

Hero is on button with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

crappy loose calls, crappy2 loose calls, crappy3 weak/tight calls, crappy 4 loose semi-aggro calls, crappy 5 weak/tight calls, I limp, SB completes, BB checks his option(i have yet to see him raise out of the BB or SB so this factored into my decision to limp, because i sure don't want to pay 2 sb's with this hand).

8 to flop for 8sb's

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checked to semi-aggro crappy 4 who bets, crappy 5 calls, I raise, 1 fold, crappy 2 calls, folded to semi-aggro who calls and crappy 5 who calls.

4 to the turn for 7.5 BB

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checks to me, i decide to check.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, semi aggro bets, folded to me, i raise, 1 fold, semi aggro calls.

Final pot: ~11 BB after rake

well, i'll probably never play that hand again outside of checking it in the big blind. i raised for a free card and to fold some people(if possible)so i took it even with the flush draw out there, it was bd so i was less concerned about it. anyway, i will be disappointed in this forum if someone doesn't have something bad to say...