Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2004, 01:27 AM

Default My Underdog College picks (insane as they may be)

Taking some wild stuff this weekend.
Don't worry, my units for college football are smaller than for baseball. I admittedly have no clue but thought everyone might get amusement.

NW +399
HOU +13.5, +460
SMU +38

NW - At Northwestern I think the Wildcats have better than a 20% chance of beating mighty OSU. Maybe not by much more than 20%....but they still have a shot. Geez, OSU almost lost at home to Marshall. NW does have some offense. Also, this is a huge game for NW at home. For OSU, it's travelling to freaking Evanston and is not exactly what they would consider their biggest game of the year.

BTW, I also think NW has a good chance of losing by 30 but who cares.
Will try to get around to taking a look at this tomorrow and will lay another half-unit on NW if it goes up to +435 or so. I'm betting it now because I don't know if I'll be able to get to the lines again before kick-off.

HOU +13.5, +460 - Memphis defense has been pretty iffy. Gave up a ton of points to Arkansas St. and then lost at UAB. HOU played a semi-respectable game against Miami (and covered). And Memphis is no Miami. I think it's a 30% chance or more HOU wins this game straight-up.

SMU +38 - Yes, SMU is bad. Yes, Boise St is pretty good. But this a gosh-darn high line and I just don't think Boise is THAT freakishly good. Anyone know if it will be snowing in Idaho this weekend? Sure hope so.... could help keep SMU within 38. Go Mustangs!!

Okay...it is now officially time for everyone to laugh-away heartily and flame my picks. I expect (and demand) no mercy!!