Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Did check raising cost me? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359601)

Nightbrace 10-17-2005 05:55 PM

Did check raising cost me?

BB is very loose, very aggressive, stats are 56/26/5 after 86 hands. Is check-raising the turn ok here?
Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Nightbrace is SB with As, Td.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Nightbrace raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6d, 9h, 5s <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Nightbrace bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Ah <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Nightbrace checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Nightbrace raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Nightbrace calls.

River: (9 BB) 3d <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Nightbrace bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Nightbrace calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

10-17-2005 06:07 PM

Re: Did check raising cost me?

I would just bet the turn and call a raise. Then check call the river. But I didnt sit at the table.

milesdyson 10-17-2005 06:13 PM

your question makes no sense, and your turn/river play is inconsistent.

bottomset 10-17-2005 06:14 PM

I don't get the river at all

Nightbrace 10-17-2005 06:18 PM

He bets and raises with anything, in this case, 24/

10-17-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He bets and raises with anything, in this case, 24/

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is that big of a maniac then of course this is ok. Sounds like you're being results oriented.

aces_dad 10-17-2005 06:21 PM

But if you're willing to bet the river (because you think you're good) you should cap the turn.

Else, just check/call the river, if you're now just trying to get to a cheap showdown after getting 3bet on the turn.

Nightbrace 10-17-2005 06:42 PM

I was afraid to cap the turn given the number of hands he plays and calls raises with preflop, I was hoping to check- raise to get him to fold either on the turn or river. When he re-raised me back I was afraid of 2-pair especially an Ace-rag that paired on the flop. he would just raise if I bet. Trying to learn how to protect against these guys, maybe there is no way to protect, but I guess in the long run thats good for us.
The river is a standard value bet right?

10-17-2005 06:43 PM

Vs a maniac anything might be a value bet. Its just about how much variance you can tolerate. Vs a sane opponent you dont 3-bet turn and you dont bet river.

bottomset 10-17-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was afraid to cap the turn given the number of hands he plays and calls raises with preflop, I was hoping to check- raise to get him to fold either on the turn or river. When he re-raised me back I was afraid of 2-pair especially an Ace-rag that paired on the flop. he would just raise if I bet. Trying to learn how to protect against these guys, maybe there is no way to protect, but I guess in the long run thats good for us.
The river is a standard value bet right?

[/ QUOTE ]

um do you pay attention to action on previous streets are just play each one in a vacuum

you say his 3bet on the turn, means 2pr a lot of the time, which beats you, you don't improve but lead the river anyway??