Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   KK - Early against a loose table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=217987)

Cleveland Guy 03-22-2005 02:24 PM

KK - Early against a loose table

This is about the 6th hand - first hand I have played, but I have seen some big raises here for Level 1.

The table is playing very loose pre-flop, but seems to have calmed down post flop with only 1 of the first 5 hands going to showdown.

Hero is SB with KK.

5 Limps to hero. Pot = 130. Hero goes for the over bet of 200.

Smooth called by 3 of the limpers.

Flop comes JJ6 - Rainbow.

What's my play here?

Unarmed 03-22-2005 02:33 PM

Re: KK - Early against a loose table

It all depends on whether or not your opponents are more likely to call your bet with an underpair or bet it themselves if checked to.

Stack sizes are awkward but I like a bet of 300 or C/R all-in. The C/R I like if they'll bet their underpair because:

1) It pot commits them where an underpair wouldn't likely call an open push
2) A check by you is consistent with the way many would play a whiffed AK here

curtains 03-22-2005 02:37 PM

I would avoid getting fancy on this flop and just bet. You might be beaten, but you should get plenty of weak calls at a loose table.

Scuba Chuck 03-22-2005 02:38 PM

Well, this is very easy for me. I PUSH.

Out of curiosity, how often do you bet out if an Ace hits the flop? Do you always check fold if an ace hits when you're holding KK?

Scuba Chuck 03-22-2005 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would avoid getting fancy on this flop and just bet. You might be beaten, but you should get plenty of weak calls at a loose table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think his preflop play is fancy? Could you explain. He raised the bets from 30 to 200. This seems like a pretty serious bet to me - nothing fancy.

Furthermore, who calls these bets? IMO, it's pocket pairs, and Ax. Unless someone is sitting on a lucky 66, you have the best hand here.

curtains 03-22-2005 02:44 PM

I said flop play! I was referring to Unarmed who said bet to 300 or check raise. I'd generally just bet here.

Unarmed 03-22-2005 02:45 PM

I am Mr. Fancypants, not OP. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Scuba Chuck 03-22-2005 02:45 PM

Well, then, very good advice. Do you see why?

Unarmed 03-22-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, then, very good advice. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't, tell me tell me!!!

BTW checking is also fun when the action goes check, bet, all-in, all-in [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cleveland Guy 03-22-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, who calls these bets? IMO, it's pocket pairs, and Ax. Unless someone is sitting on a lucky 66, you have the best hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way this table was calling raises pre-flop I couldn't rule out any 2 broadway containing a J - in that case I'm way behind.