Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Check-Raise.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=127434)

Aloysius 09-23-2004 12:53 PM

Check-Raise....

My buddy (RB), an avid poker player, just experienced the check-raise to end all check-raises.

Situation: RB recently started dating this chick, they are verging on sex.
The Goal/Pot - Eventually convincing her to have sex sans condom.

Pre-Flop Action (1st date):
Chick is 1st to act. She checks
RB bets
She calls (they hook up a little, looking good though, pot is right).

Flop Action (2nd date):
Chick checks
RB bets again
She calls (they hook up a lot more, RB verging on sex).

Turn Action (3rd date):
Chick checks
RB bets again (starts talking about sex in general, working his way up to the "no condom" discussion, and eventual condom-less sex).
Chick calls (engages him in said conversation).

River Action (still 3rd date):
Chick checks (conversation still flowing, sex in the air).
RB bets big (starts talking about sex with condoms, how he hates it).
Chick check-raises - "You know, if I were to get pregnant, I would definitely keep the baby, I have a career, I'm older, and it would make sense to do that."

RB folds, knowing she has the winning hand and he'd been betting into the nuts the whole time.

fnurt 09-23-2004 01:01 PM

Re: Check-Raise....

If your friend didn't realize until the river where babies come from, I guess it's a good thing he didn't poker.

nothumb 09-23-2004 01:04 PM

So your buddy's goal was to find a chick he could knock rawhide so long as she would get an abortion when he inevitably knocked her up? Sounds like a classy guy...

The fact that she won't kill the baby is just all the more reason she should take it on the tits...

NT

El Dukie 09-23-2004 02:11 PM

If your buddy is smart enough to know where babies come from, I assume he's smart enough to know where STDs come from, right?

Though, if he's just after some fun, he can reraise by using the Clintonian definition of "sex."

doughhater 09-23-2004 02:54 PM

These are the type of posts that keep me coming back for more.
Classic.

tolbiny 09-23-2004 03:06 PM

If pregnancy is all he's worried about, that's why god invented the back door....

tolbiny 09-23-2004 03:07 PM

also...

isn't there a little pill that women can take? (ignoring of course unknown long-term side effects)

midas 09-23-2004 03:12 PM

Re: HIV=The Ultimate Bad Beat Story (n/m)

n/m

citanul 09-23-2004 03:14 PM

Re: also...

yeah, and there's also a little operation that guys can get that seems more in tune with the particular form of jerk in the story.

citanul

tolbiny 09-23-2004 03:17 PM

Re: also...

yeah, but hte hero of the story ain't the kind of guy to use wise bankroll management.
Actually i am thinking the hero of the story is the gal. Up front- but still a little loose passive- my kind of gal!