PDA

View Full Version : Right thing to do?

tyfromm
06-23-2004, 06:11 PM
I know this probably belongs in the Internet Forum, but I'm not going into that zoo.

I was playing some 2/4 online yesterday against a guy that I have seen a lot, and he was winning an unbelievable amount in the last two days (300-400 each day at 2/4), including huge pots uncontested. On Monday I hadn't noticed anything strange but yesterday the play at the table was very suspicious. Two players in seats 3 and 8 kept raising each other on early streets only to get heads up on the river and have one of them fold. It happened 4 or 5 times in half an hour. $80 + pots going unchallenged on the river.

They both left within a minute of each other and I asked the other players if they had felt the play was suspicious. A couple did so I sent a note to Paradis support asking them to review it.

I got an e-mail back this morning telling me they had closed both accounts.

I hope I did the right thing. I assumed there would just be a warning or a flag placed on the accounts in case it happened again. I suppose it's possible it was just two bluffers running into each other, but on th eother hand I'm glad that they take the possibility of collusion seriously.

Any comments? Should I have kept my mouth shut unless I had more proof?

Muckahaihan
06-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Hell no. I think you are 100% in the right. it seems to me that the evidence was pretty overwhelming.

ggano
06-23-2004, 06:41 PM
You asked them to review it, not to close their accounts. It's good to alert them to something suspicious. It's their job to decide whether to act on it or not.

Muckahaihan
06-23-2004, 06:47 PM
If they were colluding, and it appears that it was deemed that they were, then I have zero sympathy for them.

Yeknom58
06-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Trust me, the site did some research before they closed the accounts. They would never take your email for face value. Any time you see things even remotely suspicious you should report it and don't feel bad about sending those email.

tyfromm
06-24-2004, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Trust me, the site did some research before they closed the accounts. They would never take your email for face value. Any time you see things even remotely suspicious you should report it and don't feel bad about sending those email.

[/ QUOTE ]
How can I be sure that they really had solid evidence?

eh923
06-24-2004, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can I be sure that they really had solid evidence?

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless you work there, you don't have to be sure. Anyway, you can't really be sure that your complaint was the only one either.

No offense, but if you're going to be so wishy-washy about it, you probably shouldn't send any more complaints.

rloftin
06-24-2004, 01:45 PM
This was the right thing to do. We have to police our own play ground. Let the site be the judge. Good Job.
R Loftin

Aces McGee
06-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Why do you keep changing your username?

-McGee

WDC
06-24-2004, 01:52 PM
You can't but it isn't your call. However, I am sure that they did, they would not close accounts without solid evidence. It may not have been collussion (possibly money laundering) but they must of felt that the interegity of the games were compromised.

arkady
06-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah I have this guy as Ignoring User....who is he?

pudley4
06-24-2004, 02:44 PM
/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

arkady
06-24-2004, 03:03 PM
whats he doing here, zooers are infiltrating are sanctuary.