PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pair against Straight Draw on the Turn

swipx
06-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Comments: I know the preflop raise was out of line. It was a mistake thinking I was first in in a tight game where I had been playing very tight. But also keep in mind that UTG+1 was playing very loose at V$IP over 50% and PFR at 1%.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Comments: You see I slow play my Top 2 Pair here planning to Rereraise on the Turn.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, UTG+1 raises

So here I am. Do I call 2 big bets or do I fold?

With the bet and raise here I am thinking I must be against AK straight with my outs being a J or T to make a full house, or could be against QQ, JJ, or TT and leaving me no outs since a J or T would only give me a FH against a higher FH or 4oak. I suppose its also possible that I have the best hand and am against AA, KK, AQ or an open ended straight or flush draw. But I don't think UTG+1 is one who would raise in that position with a drawing hand.

Please share your thoughts. I'll fill in the finish of the hand in a few days.

swipx
06-22-2004, 04:16 PM
any thoughts?

swipx
06-30-2004, 01:58 PM
well?

bdk3clash
06-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Fold preflop. Having raised preflop, raise the flop. Having not raised the flop (this was pretty bad, BTW), you have to 3-bet the turn and pray. You underrepresented your hand on the flop, so putting in uncomfortable extra bets on the turn is mandatory.

LuvDemNutz
06-30-2004, 02:06 PM
This is a tough call - if it was heads up I would surely call this but three-way there are two many hands where you are screwed.

If you call two bets cold and then SB three-bets then what? what if MP then caps?

I would muck and not slowplay next time -

what were the results?

swipx
06-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Well, SB did three-bets and then MP did cap.

I folded. And of course, I the made my full house.

Both SB and MP had AK for the straight and split the pot. SB checked, MP bet, and SP called on the river.

Muckahaihan
06-30-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm shocked that two players slow-played AK preflop.

Muckahaihan
06-30-2004, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, SB did three-bets and then MP did cap.

I folded. And of course, I the made my full house.

Both SB and MP had AK for the straight and split the pot. SB checked, MP bet, and SP called on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a tough call. That queen just could have made so many hands that beat you. Against two players, I think your fold is a reasonable play.

swipx
07-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the comments.

To correct the conclusion:

Hero folded and so did MP3. SB did three-bet and then UTG+1 did cap.

And of course, I the made my full house on the river.
SB checked, UTG+1 bet, and SB called.

Both SB and UTG+1 had AK for the straight and split the pot.