PDA

View Full Version : Identifying yourself as Two Plus Twoer online......

southerndog
06-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Hey, can someone make up a secret phrase so we can acknowledge one another at the table? When I'm on Party Poker and recognize a username, I'd like to say hi, but I don't want the rest of the table to know how we know each other. I am really against educating the fish.

RocketManJames
06-09-2004, 06:44 PM
You mean you don't know the secret phrases?

"pattern map"
"is punitive a 50% word?"

-RMJ

Stew
06-09-2004, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hey, can someone make up a secret phrase so we can acknowledge one another at the table? When I'm on Party Poker and recognize a username, I'd like to say hi, but I don't want the rest of the table to know how we know each other. I am really against educating the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one already, you simply ask, "Does the brown trout sleep in the closet?"

Sponger15SB
06-09-2004, 07:24 PM
i post on another poker message board and me and a fellow poster started talking today on a $6 stars turbo SNG and somebody immediatly thought it was collusion and even told us he was e-mailing stars support about it. i'm willing to bet $100 says stars will probably start laughing at the guys e-mail considering i've played about 100 SNGs in the last 2 days and it would almost be impossible for me to collude even if i wanted to.

wayabvpar
06-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Another 2+2er and I (it may have been Husker66) ended up at a $2/$4 table on Stars together and started in with the 'pattern map' chatter. I swear, we could have taken orders from 1/2 the table to sell them one by the time we were done...they wouldn't believe that we were joking!

Rushmore
06-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Playing live, I think we should all wear pocket protectors and white tape holding our horn-rimmed glasses together.

slavic
06-09-2004, 11:43 PM
"Shhh I'm counting your chips"

chesspain
06-09-2004, 11:50 PM
I say "It's like a zoo in here."

Punker
06-10-2004, 12:20 AM
"Did you just fold Qs5s? Fool!"

"What day of the quest are you on?"

"I got davidross's autograph!"

"Im posting on 2+2 right now...come sweat me!"

rharless
06-10-2004, 12:54 AM
I always enjoying quoting a distinctive line from one of their recent posts which I know they will recognize.

davidross
06-10-2004, 02:49 AM
I've had 2 people say that to me this week and I didn't know what the fu** was going on . THat's pretty funny.

Daliman
06-10-2004, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, can someone make up a secret phrase so we can acknowledge one another at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, here's where it gets a bit delicate....

Duke
06-10-2004, 03:21 AM
MHIG

~D

HUSKER'66
06-10-2004, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another 2+2er and I (it may have been Husker66) ended up at a $2/$4 table on Stars together and started in with the 'pattern map' chatter. I swear, we could have taken orders from 1/2 the table to sell them one by the time we were done...they wouldn't believe that we were joking!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes my Guiness drinking friend, it was I there with you. We ran away from what could have been a rather lucrative Ebay sale of "patteren maps". /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Now, whenever we cross paths the typical response is a grunt and head nod. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The brown trout in the closet comment is the next best option.

Husker

HUSKER'66
06-10-2004, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Did you just fold Qs5s? Fool!"

"What day of the quest are you on?"

"I got davidross's autograph!"

"Im posting on 2+2 right now...come sweat me!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Husker

Joe Tall
06-10-2004, 09:10 AM
"Does the brown trout sleep in the closet?"

Stew,

Did you hear about the time a non-2+2er replied with, "Did you just $hit in your closet?"

I spit a gulp of beer all over my CPU. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

DcifrThs
06-10-2004, 10:20 AM
yea its more fun when we're BOTH idiots and use the same name on here as party...too bad you don't subscribe to that line of reasoning lol...in any case after much pondering i've changed my name.

nobody knows what it is and its staying that way...if you know how i play well enough you may see me /images/graemlins/wink.gif so, david, that just about leaves you, cracker, and to a lesser extent GoT, though i haven't seen him around at all lately lol...

but I will see YOU around /images/graemlins/wink.gif haHA
-Barron

DcifrThs
06-10-2004, 10:27 AM
but that would ruin my young kid kind of unaware image. at least until the good players wake up.

one thing i forgot to include in my trip report to st. louis was that i sat in the 3/6 game while waiting for the 10 game to open up (and my mom was in the 7 seat, i took the 3 seat) and one older guy next to my mom whispered to his wife seated behind him, "now that kid is a player" before i even played a hand...so i don't know how the unaware thing has failed ...looks like its onto a new schtick lol.

but seriously, the reason i changed my name is because if i sit in a good game with davidross, and we do have some fun in that case, its not worth having another person know how you play...but its now fun for me to know how others play while they treat me like a partier for a good amount of time /images/graemlins/wink.gif

take care,
-Barron

DcifrThs
06-10-2004, 10:29 AM
thats a good one...im stealing it /images/graemlins/smile.gif...especially now since nobody will ever know my new name is still just dcifrths

-Barron

beerbandit
06-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Perfect

I read that post here at work and laughed about it for the rest of the day.

deacsoft
06-10-2004, 11:50 AM
I say, "The fat man walks slowly".
And then you respond, "Well the fat man should lose some weight."

wayabvpar
06-10-2004, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Stew,

Did you hear about the time a non-2+2er replied with, "Did you just $hit in your closet?"

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL!!! I now have Talking Rain in my nasal passages.

davidross
06-10-2004, 03:28 PM
I actually do use the same name at Party, it's EMpire where I'm different.

B Dids
06-10-2004, 04:36 PM
I use what somebody used on me "Does a picture of an old dude with a bird on his shoulder mean something to you".

deacsoft
06-10-2004, 05:06 PM
roflmao

Stew
06-10-2004, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Stew,

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I actually asked that at a Party table recently as I thought I was playing with another 2+2er and the whole table went dead silent for like 6 hands and it was a nice chatty table before that. So, I asked again and some dude says, "Man, WTF is your deal, are you fng psycho." So, I played it up and just expounded upon it with more non-sensical babble and proceeded to go on a nice little run.

rharless
06-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Well, I was quoting vague phrases from your posts to you all night when we sat at the same table, and it took maybe 43 hits before you realized I was actually quoting you. Barry was there; I'm sure he remembers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stir
06-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Pattern Map should be the universal code for all 2+2'ers

Stew
06-11-2004, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pattern Map should be the universal code for all 2+2'ers

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite honestly, that would definitely be a good code for a Zooer, but I don't think the rest of twoplustwo wants to have anything to do with that.

cianosheehan
06-15-2004, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for a Zooer

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a Zooer?

Stew
06-15-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for a Zooer

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a Zooer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone who feels they primarily post in the Internet Gambling Forum, it has been nicknamed the Zoo. Honestly, I can't recall the poster's name, but someone made a post in a forum other than the Internet Gambling Forum and at the end he made a statement that to the Internet Gambling Forum as a zoo. Thus, those who feel loyal to that forum have taken to calling it the Zoo.

For more info see the Internet Gambling Forum.

Sundevils21
06-15-2004, 08:20 PM
I know that the Internet forum is the zoo, but what are the nicknames for some of the other forums. I know the Multi-table tournaments forum has a name I just can't remember. Can somebody list all the forum nicknames?

Stew
06-15-2004, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that the Internet forum is the zoo, but what are the nicknames for some of the other forums. I know the Multi-table tournaments forum has a name I just can't remember. Can somebody list all the forum nicknames?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of any other nicknames for any of the forums except Small Stakes = SSers (I have various other nicknames for that forum that I'll refrain from posting here) and when there was only one tournament forum (prior to it being separated into Single Table and Multi) they called themselves the "TOON'S", I believe.

twang
06-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Do you guys think I should move up in limits?

deacsoft
06-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Had to dig this thread back up to post my strangest reply to the "Does the brown trout sleep in the closet" question to date.

A player replies (and I quote): "i dont know---hold on ill ask you mother how she does it"

Not a typo on my part it is quoted exactly.