PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Atlantic City gathering

JTG51
06-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Lots of 2+2ers are going to be in AC this weekend, from Friday the 11th until Sunday the 13th. JoeTall, JoeU, CrackerZack, Mike Gallo, Max Power, Barry, and I will definitely be there, and I hear that a few others will be also.

We plan to meet for dinner one night and hope to get a low limit mixed 'home' game going in someone's room. It should be fun. I think we'll be spending most of our time at the Borgata. Post here if you're going to be around so that we can find you.

MaxPower
06-08-2004, 01:03 AM
If we could do the dinner on Saturday that would be good, since I won't be getting there until late Friday.

Hopefully we can do better than the Foxwoods snack bar where we usually eat.

jayadd
06-08-2004, 01:30 AM
If you guys have any hours logged in at the taj with your card they now allow you to use them at the bengal club thats a good meeting place.

I am not in the "IN" of the two plus twoers but would like to meet some of you guys i will be at the Taj.

morgant
06-08-2004, 02:21 AM
i plan on coming down later on friday as well, leaving ny around 7 to miss beach traffic. pm me with details for meeting etc......looking forward to meeting you infamous lads.

Joe Tall
06-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Dinner on Saturday is sounds good. A room-game sounds like a lot of fun, especially if Joe U. won't raise preflop w/JJ nor bet an undercard flop. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Mosch is coming too, possibly Bottles and scrub. I've also heard a rumor that the infamous lurker, Fred G. Sanford, will be onsite too.

I just want to c/r Zack on ever street; this is mainly the reason I'm headed down. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Luke
06-08-2004, 09:22 AM
I'll be at the Borgata from Saturday morning until Sunday evening this weekend.

I have psuedo plans for Saturday night but at the very least I'd like to meet a few of you. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see where/when you guys are meeting or someone can just PM me.

Luke

DrSavage
06-08-2004, 09:40 AM
I'll likely be there, friday night till sunday

BottlesOf
06-08-2004, 10:05 AM
I'm a maybe. If I come it'll be for one night, trying to figure out which is best. Also trying to figure out where in Absecon (sp?) I'll be sleeping, in case I decide to do any of that. I'll be in touch with JT.

AviD
06-08-2004, 11:11 AM
bots!

Good thing the Swedes won't be there! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Damn Swedes, sup Spicy! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm going to try to swing down and meet all you maniacs, rents are visiting and we're doing some condo/townhouse/house hunting...so I'm up in the air.

The room game sounds interesting, but who's dealing? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barry
06-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Angel Fish, Angel Guppy, and I will be staying at the Borg and we are looking forward to sending off JTG in his last weekend as an East Coaster.

I don't care whose dealing as long as we play some Crazy Fox!

JoeU
06-08-2004, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A room-game sounds like a lot of fun, especially if Joe U. won't raise preflop w/JJ nor bet an undercard flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rest assured this will never happen again. If you think I'm doing it, please call, I need the money because of all the bets I missed in Vegas! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've also heard a rumor that the infamous lurker, Fred G. Sanford, will be onsite too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard he exists, but have never seen him. Will he be wearing the trademark suspenders and srcaggily beard?

Joe

JoeU
06-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Obviously I'll be there since I'm driving. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll bring the trademark Matsui jersey so people can spot me. I'll be the guy in the 3-6 game checking my JJ preflop. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Joe

Barry
06-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Joe, just don't checkraise AF if you play against her; she has a nasty habit of 3-betting with the nuts.

JoeU
06-08-2004, 12:14 PM
I have that same habit!

Joe Tall is just upset because I tried to get tricky at the Bellagio. I've learned my lesson.

Joe

MaxPower
06-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Has she given up open-limping in LP /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barry
06-08-2004, 12:58 PM
She sure has; that was a long time ago in her poker career!

UMTerp
06-08-2004, 02:48 PM
I'll be up there this weekend as well. I don't think I'll be able to to the dinner or room game thing, as I'm heading up there for a bachelor party and will have other obligations, though I'm sure I'll log some hours at either the Taj or Borgata $20-$40 tables Friday and Saturday nights. I'll either be wearing a Terps shirt or an Orioles jersey. Feel free to say hey if you spot me.

3rdCheckRaise
06-08-2004, 04:45 PM
I will be there on friday night...planned to go to Taj but i guess Borgata it is...What games are you guys playing?

Homer
06-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Looks like I'll be coming down, whether you guys like it or not. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub
06-08-2004, 07:38 PM
The Princeton contingent will probably make an appearance. Working on DrPublo and lurker Forrest to make the trip.

scrub

Mike Gallo
06-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Glad to see you posted this. Looks like we will finally meet up. Now that I have a real job, I cannot get down to the Borgata until after 11:00 pm Friday night.

Saturday I have some errands to run, and then I plan on getting down to the Borgata some time in the afternoon.

I would like to go to dinner Saturday evening. I would recommend making dinner reservations. If you pm me with a definite count I can make some phone calls.

We plan to meet for dinner one night and hope to get a low limit mixed 'home' game going in someone's room.

Make sure you make it a "smoking" room. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

See of you can get a Hold em, Omaha h/l Stud Stud eight game? Does anyone know how to play Crazy Fox or Crazy Pineapple?

Poster Brian0729 will also make the voyage.

Buckshot plays $60-$120 regularly now so I suspect we will see him.

Tyler Durden
06-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Jeffage will be in AC this weekend and I might go w/ him. It would be cool to meet all you guys. Right?

Jeffage
06-08-2004, 11:27 PM
I'll be there also, playing 15-30 or 20-40 at Borgata on Saturday night. I'll be at Taj all day and night Sunday (and probably in the afternoon on Saturday). See you guys there.

Jeff

Barry
06-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Crazy Fox starts out like Omaha and ends up like HE. You get dealt 4 cards and discard 1 after the flop and 1 after the turn.

bunky9590
06-09-2004, 12:59 AM
Saturday night!!!!!

Jeff, PM me with details.

See if Joe Tall still has my cell number.

Sounds like a blast.

Gotta play low limit horse in someones room.

Holdem, Omaha, razz, Stud, and Stud 8, in half hour shifts.

Joe Tall
06-09-2004, 07:30 AM
Bunk,

Still got the number; buzz you on Friday. Hopefully that HOE games kicks off, it'll be a blast.

CU then,
Joe

JoeU
06-09-2004, 09:02 AM
With Everyone coming down to play in the home game, we might have to set up a must move game!

Joe, do you have enough chips for this big a crowd? I have a dealer button, missed blind button, etc. compliments of JTG.

Joe

Homer
06-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Jeffage will be in AC this weekend and I might go w/ him. It would be cool to meet all you guys. Right?

Are you asking if it would be cool to meet us or if we are cool with you meeting us?

The answer to the first question is no and to the second is yes.

See you there, hopefully.

-- Homer

RollaJ
06-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Argggggg why Sat night? I should be down there Thur night at Borgata, and maybe Fri night at the Trop, my friend has a room, but not sure Ill be staying......

I think I owe JoeTall some money, but on the other hand I always play my runner-runner gutshot draws real fast /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

I hope to see a few of you there. I think we should have hats made up as I never know who any of you are. Though if you fing Gallo he'll find me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Homer
06-09-2004, 11:15 AM
I was thinking, with seemingly ~20 2+2ers heading down, all staying at the Borgata, it would have been cool to pool our money together to get a penthouse suite or something. I wonder how much they run...

fsuplayer
06-09-2004, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lots of 2+2ers are going to be in AC this weekend, from Friday the 11th until Sunday the 13th.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn!
The girlfriend is keeping me chained up until Wed. the 16th.

I will be in town from Wed. the 16th until Mon. the 21st.

Its too bad that I will be a few days late as I would have loved to meet some of you guys in person.

PM me if you will be in AC during that time as I would love to grab a drink or sit in the same games...maybe I'll learn something.

FsuPlayer

BTW I will be in the Borgata most of the time playing the NL300 game and $6-12 with the possibility of $10-20 if everyone is sloppy drunk and throwing a party. Then maybe I have a chance! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barry
06-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey Jeffage -

I'll promise to stay out of your way in the 20/40 if you'll stay out of my way. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Joe Tall
06-09-2004, 02:05 PM
I'll promise to stay out of your way in the 20/40 if you'll stay out of my way.

If you both feel like calling 3-bets cold, you are welcome to get in my way. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Barry
06-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, but you'll 3 bet with 32s!

Joe Tall
06-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah, but you'll 3 bet with 32s!

You getting confused, that's limit O8 and it's AA32ds. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Glenn
06-09-2004, 04:07 PM
I will prob go to Borgata to play 60 on Fri and or Sat (I live nearby). I'm not really a fan of the low limit mixed game in someone's room, but if anyone want's to get the floor to start a 10-20 to infinity-infinity*2 HOE/HORSE, etc, I'd be totally into that. Anyhow, I don't post to much anymore, but I would like to say hi to some of you guys, so let me know what's going on.

scrub
06-09-2004, 04:32 PM
I have 600 fancy Paradise Poker chips courtesy of the GrannyMae ToeJAM thing. I'll bring them along if we need chips... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub

Tyler Durden
06-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Does anyone want to let me crash in their room on Saturday night? I'll chip in the $$$ of course. I'm a cool guy, I promise. Just ask Barry. He'll vouch for me.

Jeffage
06-09-2004, 07:39 PM
I make no promises /images/graemlins/smile.gif... but I'm excited to meet everyone! I'll be the 24 year old with short brown hair and probably jeans and some kinda polo type shirt on...feel free to say hello! Yaser can tell you who I am.

Jeff

BottlesOf
06-09-2004, 07:49 PM
I may ask the same thing for Friday night, if I'm hammered. Of course, if I'm hammered, feel free to say no, I won't mind.

DcifrThs
06-10-2004, 11:32 AM
if i can get us a room, can you give me a ride?
-Barron

DrSavage
06-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I'll be getting a comped room at AC Hilton which might or might not have extra sleeping space, i'll know if i can let someone in when i check in friday evening.

scrub
06-10-2004, 05:23 PM
I might have room at a room in the Absecon Comfort Inn. PM me if you're interested.

scrub

risen
06-10-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm getting into the Borgata Sunday afternoon, and staying probably through Thursday, probably too late for this shindig, but I look forward to meeting you rocks during the week at the 10/20 tables. Say hey to the blonde negro, I'll appreciate the distraction from folding.

CrackerZack
06-10-2004, 10:44 PM
I'd bluff 3-bet you on the river and you'll lay that [censored] down. Yeah baby.

I can't wait to get away. This has been the week from hell. 3 16 hour days plus our evil proxy found 2+2 so now I can't get here from work. SUCK ASS.

lurker Bacman, who some of the FW crew met briefly and his brother will be there friday night also. I'm supposed to have the day off for some state funeral or something but instead I'll be going to work at 7:00 tomorrow. We're leaving NYC at 3ish so hope to be down around 6ish after traffic. I'll put my name on all lists at CZ and will probably be wearing my tommy angelo hat for at least part of the night.

JoeU
06-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey Zack.

If you still have my cell, JTG's cell, or Joe Tall's cell, call us when you get there. We're leaving CT around 12:30ish, so we should be there by 5:00.

We should all get together Friday night to see who is in for dinner Saturday. Hopefully, Mike Gallo has some pull there and can get us all a reservation.

Joe

scrub
06-10-2004, 11:07 PM
The Princeton folks will be leaving New Haven around 11:00.

I'll bring chips.

scrub

CrackerZack
06-10-2004, 11:39 PM
New Haven, CT?

jpg777
06-10-2004, 11:50 PM
If you see someone down at the Borgota on Sat. afternoon in a red LA Clippers hat. It's probably me.

Have fun.

scrub
06-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Yup.

I live there and the guy I'm giving a ride to is meeting me at the train station.

We'll probably swing by Princeton on the way down, though.

scrub

BottlesOf
06-11-2004, 12:36 AM
I will be leaving NYC when I wake up. I will hopefully arrive at the Borgata not too long after that.

I have nothing cute to wear, but I NEEEED to get a foam trucker hat with Mason's image on it, which we heard about in Cup's trip report.

Maybe I'll wear my truepoker hat for Joe....

-See you guys down there /images/graemlins/cool.gif

sfer
06-11-2004, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Princeton folks will be leaving New Haven around 11:00.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most sideways sentence I've read in a long time.

ACPlayer
06-11-2004, 06:36 AM
... but I got out of buying you dinner in AC!!

Good luck on the West Coast.

AviD
06-11-2004, 10:51 AM
It's certainly horizontal.

AviD
06-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Well, I have to go look at a few places today. Leaving early from work around 3:00...if I can get down to the Borgata before 7-8PM...I may swing down. Beyond that it will likely be difficult to get on a table, so I'll probably wind up swinging down Saturday afternoon.

Bottles, we'll have to catch up next time if I don't make it down tonight! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

scrub
06-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Granted. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

But we're on our way out now. We have chips in the trunk and can't wait to see you guys.

scrub